Vista Local WIFI Access Only Problem Upon Return from Standby

Blackstone

2[H]4U
I am using a D-LINK DI-624 router and a Dell Inspiron 1420 with an Intel Wireless N card and Windows Vista.

I am having a recurring problem where, after open my laptop and returning from standby "sleep" mode, I will have normal wi-fi and internet functionality right away, but usually within one minute the globe icon on the wifi indicator on Vista Toolbar disappears, I loose my access to the internet, and the network connection identifies itself as "local access only" instead of local access and internet like it should. If I manually disconnect and reconnect I will get my internet access back. Note that when this happens, I can still access the router settings itself through my laptop, and local networked computers and devices. It is just a case of not having access to the internet.

Any thoughts on this? I'd like to be able to flip open my laptop and not have to manually reconnect every single time.

This problem was resolved, completely, by disabling Vista's power management of the WiFi card in the device manager. This does not appear to be a router specific problem.

Back