Vista Headphone w/ X-fi Gamer

Hi,

Just upgraded to vista, and love it. Finishing up my updates/installs and have one problem. TF2/ Source eng games don't run in headphone mode, because vista is setup for 2 speakers. I can't seem to find a headphone mode anywhere. The X-fi currently is set to headphone, but i like the sound set to headphone in the OS so cmss can take full advatage. Correct me if wrong, if another method is superior.

Thanks

i'm not an expert on audio stuff but when i go into the sound icon in the control panel, click properties on the speakers , i then have a sound blaster tab with a settings tab that brings up an audio console with all these Xfi settings, i then click on speakers and i can change it to headphones

do you see this?

Yep, but there are links on the internet for the most optimized way to use cmss fully, I was under the impression that headphone in windows/game + cmss headphone = best audio experience. I could be wrong, there doesn't seem to be a dedicated guide as to how cmss works and the best way to work with it :(

Back