Vista: Games won't install/Strange Errors

Started yesterday, I store my game CDs in the basement, and keep ISO files on a seperate extra HD. Mounted the file in Daemon Tools and tried to install. Windows slowed to a crawl during the install, and when it was done, there were no folders, no files, nothing in the startmenu, but apparently the registry had been touched, since afterwards it kept trying to "uninstall".

Tried a different game today, same problem. Theres some various security and kerberos errors and I'm getting some strange .mmc problems when trying to look in event viewer.

EventID: 513
Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Code:
EventID: 11327
Product: Crysis WARHEAD(R) -- Error 1327. Invalid Drive: K:\ 
   (NULL) 
   (NULL) 
   (NULL) 
   (NULL) 
7B37333533424145362D354534392D343643342D413942352D3841323639413331333738397D
THere is no drive k. Never has been either.

Code:
EventID: 8194
Volume Shadow Copy Server error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005. This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.

EventID: 15016
Unable to intialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.

I also (once) got the error: Logon process failed to create the security options dialog. Failure - Security Options.

As long as I don't try and install any software(at least not from a CD or image) everything works just fine. I managed to install Skype and Daemontools lite (I uninstalled Daemontools in case it was the problem) without a problem.

I have no clue whats up, anyone have a few ideas? Is a reinstall on the horizon? Or is there a way to fix it (even a less than ideal one) without? (repair install perhaps?)

edit: Another symptom (possibly related): Is that a lot of programs int he start menu/quick launch are missing their icons until I open them.

Back