Vista DVD Burning

Phandalyon

Has anyone had any luck with native DVD burning in Vista?

I haven't tried installing a 3rd party software yet, but I am having issues burning a data dvd.

I can burn a data cd fine, but when I try a DVD it tells me "There was an error burning this disc. The disc might no longer be useable"

I am dragging/dropping 2Gb of data to a blank Verbatim 16x DVD-R and then clicking Burn to disc.

I just updated the firmware on my drive.

I am using a Liteon 16x burner

I have also tried slowing the speed of the burner to 6x.

Anyone tried this or have any thoughts?

I never tried that, but in my quest to burn .ISO's I used Alcohol 120%. Works great and mighty handy.

Yeah, in my research on this issue I ran into a place where an MS programmer was talking about how Vista was supposed to be able to burn iso files nativley as well, but they did not finish the programming in time so they cut the feature.

I guess I could try to make a data iso and then burn that using alcohol 120%

LOL. Well, I got my data disc burned. I used CD Burner Xp Pro to create the ISO (It will not detect my burner in Vista. Then I was able to use the Alcohol 120% demo to burn the ISO.

So I got it done, but in a really ugly way. I am still working on figuring out why the Vista native stuff does not work.

Cool. Both imgburn and deepburner are vista compatible. Deep Burner seems to be the answer to my problems though.

I have an older copy of Nero (Ver 6.6), but it is of course not compatible with Vista and I am not too excited to purchase a copy when all I do are data cds and dvds. Ideally Vista's built in burning would have worked, but I have tried several times now and failed. So oh, well.

Back