Vista: Classic Theme with Flip3D?

WhiteZero

2[H]4U
I dont find any use for having the edges of my windows translucent or any of those other Aero effects. However, Flip3D, the new Alt+Tab and Window previews when you mouse-over the taskbar are pretty cool.

Is there maybe some customer theme out there or a tweak to get this result?

I dont find any use for having the edges of my windows translucent or any of those other Aero effects. However, Flip3D, the new Alt+Tab and Window previews when you mouse-over the taskbar are pretty cool.

Is there maybe some customer theme out there or a tweak to get this result?

It depends how far you want to go down - you can still use the Aero UI and have it look a lot like Windows Classic, just by turning off the options you don't want. (i.e., you can turn off transparency, turn off a lot of the visual effects), but I don't know how "Classic" you can easily get things to look as far as the start menu and all of that...

It depends how far you want to go down - you can still use the Aero UI and have it look a lot like Windows Classic, just by turning off the options you don't want. (i.e., you can turn off transparency, turn off a lot of the visual effects), but I don't know how "Classic" you can easily get things to look as far as the start menu and all of that...

Yeah, I've been messing around with it since I posted this. I've turned off all the "glass" and fading options. So now I basically have what I want.

However, heres a problem. It seems that after switching my theme from Classic then back to Vista, I've lost the Vista style Alt+Tab (with the preview window)! Flip3D and taskbar previews still work... but my Alt+Tab looks like classic Alt+Tab now.
D:

Crap...
And I've double checked all the "Visual Effects" settings, nothing makes it come back.

Back