[Vista] Can't enable transparency on RC1, but could on previous builds

Oooska

Gawd
I just got around to updating to RC1. To my surprise, all my hardware was detected right away for my Inspiron 6400 (with the exception of my SD card slot, but thats no biggie). The previous release I used had no issues showing transparency on my x1300 mobility, but now whenever I go into Window Color and Appearance to enable transparency, it becomes unchecked as soon as I hit okay and I never see any pretty transparency effects (though gadgets are transparent, though that may not be an Aero thing).

I tried downloading the Vista drivers from ATI. Not only could I not enable transparency, the system was noticably more sluggish, so I went back to the ones Vista installed by default (which appear to be from ATI, and not generic VGA drivers).So uh, any suggestions?

That happened to me as well. you will probably find that you don't have the Aero functionality as well. What I did was I ran the Performance Checker thingie (don't really know what it's called but it's the thing that rates how good your set up is...u know that one i'm talking about). After that it gave me a good result everything was just turned on automatically.

Thanks for the suggestion. It worked! (Weird though, since I was able to use the Aero theme without issues, just no transparencies).
And it also increased my base score by a whopping 0.1 points to 2.1 :D

Back