Vista build 5308 Download from MSDN?

Saloma Teale

Limp Gawd
I'm an MSDN subscriber, and this new release is supposed to be up there for beta download, but all I can find are the February release notes without a download link on any of the pages that I've scanned through. Any subscribers that are having the same problem? Or am I just really really blind.

I am too.. and I have DLed both the 32bit and 64bit of the 5308 build.. its under Keys and Downloads.. then under Operating Systems, then under CTP Vista... you should be able to get the image download from there :)

You know... i'm still not finding it at all. I'm finding updates and downloads for everything else except the CTP.

Alright... here comes another dumb question from Sally...

The February CTP contains:

Windows SDK
WinFX RC
Orcas Development Tools

Maybe i'm just overanalyzing this and looking for something that is not available, but if this is what is on the "getthebeta" page, where is the direct download for the build 5308 iso for Vista? Or should I just be concerning myself with the SDK (dev kit) iso instead. I tried to pm a few people on the development forums, but they are treating me like some kind of nematoad. I'm sure i'm just missing something really blatant, but geeze...

vista.jpg

If you don't see it, it's possible you don't have a high enough subscription level?

Hmm... my subscription level should be high enough. I'm at an Operating System level through the office I work at which accommodates for downloading the 5308 CTP.

I'm not sure what is going on...

You know what? I just figured out what is wrong. The IT guys say that they did not renew the subscription for it, so thats why I was only coming up with standard downloads.

Grrr... stupid IT messing everything up.

/sigh

Looks like no build 5308 for me :(

I'm downloading it now on Bittorrent, (are we allowed to talk about that here?) In any case you should have no trouble finding it if you're so inclined, took me about 30 seconds of searching.

well I have played with 5308 32bit and so far it seems really close to being market ready.

as for BT, sorry I do not & will not use any form of P2P share besides the ethical choice its just not very safe.

"still Learning"

Wolfcaller

Back