Vista BSOD...no idea what this is...

Getting a BSOD when PC loads, sometimes prior to BIOS screen. Specs are in my sig. I've run Memtest with 14 passes and zero errors. Run Prime with no trouble and have run a ton of HD diagnostic tools. Starting to think this board is crap....any thoughts ;)?

Windows Vista says:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000CBAC
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 81C5F152
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini040907-01.dmp
C:\Users\Jace\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41796-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Jace\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBB31.tmp.version.tx

Any idea what this stuff means? lol

Thanks!

The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x0000000A. This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
Parameters

The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.
ParameterDescription1Memory referenced2IRQL at time of reference30: Read

1: Write

4Address which referenced memory
Cause

This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high.
The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.
If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Woa! Lot of big words for me there lol. I'm thinking it's the BIOS. but...

Hopefully and update will come out soon so I could at least rule out one more thing!

In my entirely-too-many years of working with Windows, an IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN error or BSOD is always tied directly to a faulty driver. The trick is figuring out which one, because sometimes the BSOD will list the name of the driver (like nvdisp.dll, a common one from years past and still on occasion) so it makes things easier.

But then again, sometimes all you get is a STOP code and you're pretty much SOL.

If you get an EventID in the error logs you can see if you get any info from www.eventid.net.

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the help.

The BSOD keeps happening on start ups, then after a quick reboot it loads up Vista fine. The problem is I don't have time to read the BSOD, because it does some count down thing at the bottom. Is there a way I can get the BSOD on screen long enough to read?
I did see at the top "IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN ".

I've gone through and made sure all my drivers are up to dat, but can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is.

Fresh install of Vista??

Post the dumps somewhere I can see them, and I'll take a look.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

I had this issue yesterday... oddest fix ever.

I unplugged my ipod, and the computer started booting fine.

Just my experience.

+1 Night Black ... I got a similar error while I had a 2GB flash drive plugged into a USB 2.0 port. Unplugged that device and the problem went away. Turned out to be a bad partition table on the flash drive.

I tried getting the BSOD to happen yesterday, but it of course wouldn't happen when I wanted it too. After hearing about the USB BSODs from others, I'm thinking my Saetek USB keyboard may be the culprit.

If I can get the BSOD to occur I'll try and get the info to you guys as soon as possible. I'm still having trouble having the BSOD stay up long enough for me to read it.

Thanks again!

If I can get the BSOD to occur I'll try and get the info to you guys as soon as possible. I'm still having trouble having the BSOD stay up long enough for me to read it.

FWIW - you can disable the automatic restart on system failure setting within the system properties to allow the BSOD to stay up until you're done with it.

Back