Vista Anytime Upgrade help

Domingow

2[H]4U
Help!

Recently I received my Free Vista 64 dvd's in the mail for participating in the windows feed back program. I am havening a pickle of a time attempting to utilize the "Anytime upgrade" feature touted on the DVD's. So far I have attempted to simply change the SN in my current Vista business install to the new one for ultimate Vista--this did not work. Then I have attempted to run both the new Vista Ultimate DVD and the Old Vista Business DVD in an attempt to utilize the OS upgrade option in the install string--for both DVD's this was grayed out. At this point I am wondering if I can simply do a repair install from Vista business 64 to Vista Ultimate 64. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: I'm also running SP1 for Vista and I seem to recall a posting about vista with SP1 not being able to perform a repair install/upgrade install or something to that effect.

It's very likely that the problem is that you have a Vista Ultimate RTM disc and you're trying to upgrade Vista Business SP1, yes. Maybe it would be possible to uninstall SP1, do the upgrade, and them reinstall SP1?

Thanks for the suggestion. Both DVD's are all retail. The first one was obtained through the power together promo along with a very expensive tax addition named office2007. I am currently un-installing SP1 and hopefully it will let me proceed with the in-OS upgrade.

Sweet, it seems to be working! After the un-installation of SP1 the upgrade option for the in-OS install has re-appeared!

Back