Vista and Server 2003 Domain Doesn't Load Roaming User Profile

TechieSooner

Supreme [H]ardness
I've got a Server 2003 domain with a roaming user profile.

Works great in XP, but when I try the Vista machine it fails to load it and just gives me a default profile.

I can get a screenshot of the exact error but it's just not loading the profile. Is there anything in particular I need to double check here, or what am I missing?

is this the first time this person has logged onto the Vista machine?

is this the first time this person has logged onto the Vista machine?

It's actually my account (Trying to get the domain functional and ready for Windows 7... I'm skipping Vista).

Without the Roaming User Profile I can sign on just fine. It just doesn't load any of my docs or anything else on my profile.

Your documents are moving with the profile? you may be hitting a time limit, increase the network response to keep it from defaulting on slow link

Your documents are moving with the profile? you may be hitting a time limit, increase the network response to keep it from defaulting on slow link

Well my AppData is, and a couple of documents on my desktop.
As far as My Documents itself, that all gets redirected.

You think fixing the network link would fix that issue then? Just change GPO to not time it out?

3251540280_9f522b69ff.jpg

3250732735_e6e22ea706.jpg

The problem is this works fine on XP!

MS has a good white paper on the subject, do a search for "Managing Roaming User Data Deployment Guide" it's a bit lengthy (but good knowledge to have) so grab a coffee, or just skip to case study 3;)

Back