Vista activation with cdkey from other region

rahavsmt

Gawd
I would like to know if Vista activation is in any way region limited? I am asking because I am studying in Germany and I could probably get the original Vista cheaper from my homeland which is Malaysia due to the lower buying power there.

I know is not out yet but if anybody knows the answer that would be helpful. Thanks

Windows XP keys were not region limited in any way from my experiences, however, if you used an English Windows XP CD to install Windows, you could not change the user interface to another language (well, you could with a special version of Windows known as MUI, but I believe thats available only to corporate customers). My experience has been with European and Japanese cd-keys with US English XP CDs.

I suspect that Vista will be the same-i.e. if you want Vista to be in German, you will need to use a German copy of Vista, but a Malaysian cd-key will likely work. I'm not sure of the legality and licensing issues involved with this, so thats something you might want to look into.

Back