Vista 64 "Send To" won't open outlook

DReborn

Limp Gawd
so i noticed a weird problem on a clean vista 64 sp1 install. I was in picasa, selected some photos and then hit "email" but outlook 2007 never popped up. i thought it was just a weird picasa problem so i kinda ignored it.

then i just tried right clicking on a small file, choosing send to, mail recipient and the same thing happened with outlook 2007 not opening. it should have opened a new message with the attachment.

I used vlite to tweak and edit down some services and now i think i inadvertently got rid of a service that is required by the send to or something. I really was very conservative with what i tweaked out so i have no idea what it could be.

anybody have any ideas??

REALLY DO NOT WANT TO REINSTALL VISTA.......

thanks!

Re-enable any/all services you might have disabled.

Really best practice with Vista is to leave her alone and let her do her thing. Especially with a system of your specs, the upside of "tweaking" is very minimal...

Maybe try re-installing office?

yea, i hope it isn't something with the install but it probably is.

ill recheck the services, maybe "enable all" or something. what im really worried about is that i checked off and didn't install something in the first place.

that would suck...

I used vlite
In the past, anytime someone mentioned weird problems with XP, you could always ask if they used nLite. More often than not....they answer was yes. With hard drives being as large and as cheap as they are, there's no reason to use vLite, unless you want an unstable system. As said above, with Vista, just leave it alone. You can try reinstalling Office, but you most likely will come across other strange issues. I'd lean towards the reinstall, using a non-vlited disc and be done with it. It will only take a few hours of your time, if that, and leave you with a much more stable system.

good news, i reset the defaults (again) to outlook 2007 and now the problem is gone.

the main reason i use vlite is not to save space but to actually make a cleaner install and slipstream sp1. No reason to install every printer driver, modem drivers, UAC, etc. Besides this little quirk the system is rock solid, clean, and fast.

obviously, vlite is not the best option for everybody. but for me, now that i ironed this little annoyance out, it's been great.

thanks for the help/advice

Back