Vista 32Bit

Faction

The Chairman
Is it possible to use a Vista 32bit serial key that i own on a Vista 64bit platform or do i need a new key?

Yes, your 32bit key will work.....at least that's what I've been told by others here.

It doesn't work the same way for OEM versions

See, that's what I thought as well, but according to several posters in this thread, it does indeed work... however, I think technically, according to the EULA anyhow, it's not legal....

See, that's what I thought as well, but according to several posters in this thread, it does indeed work... however, I think technically, according to the EULA anyhow, it's not legal....

I'll have to refresh my mind on the Vista OEM EULA about this. It will require a phone call if the key was already activated prior, so I guess if it works, then good for them.

If it's a retail version, yes you can use the same key. It doesn't work the same way for OEM versions.

You can either borrow a 64-bit retail disc from someone (doesn't matter what version, all the discs have every version of Vista on them), or click the link below:

Ordering retail 64-bit or 32-bit media:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/1033/ordermedia/default.mspx

You can't order from MS with an OEM Key... but you can sure as hell download or borrow a CD and install Vista 64 and use your OEM 32 bit key.

I've done it.

Back