Vista 32bit & 64bit Together?

jfespinoza

Weaksauce
is it possible to run Vista 32bit & 64bit on 1 PC w/ 2 HDDs? I've ran XP w/ Vista on 1 PC with 2 HDD's, Just wondering if it's the same. If it can be done with EasyBCD or do I need a different boot loader.

It can be done, but what would be the point? If it's going to run on one, it will run on the other. You'd also need to own two licenses.

Yes, it can be done. I don't think there is any specific order in which edition to install first like XP and Vista. EasyBCD should work properly as it's simply an editor that modifies Vista's bootloader (it's not a bootloader itself).

Like DeaconFrost, I also believe it's kinda redundant to have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Vista installed on the same system. Are you just testing the waters with Vista x64?

You'd also need to own two licenses.

To be 'legal'. In practical terms the legality of license status is no obstacle to installation and operation. The worst you'd encounter would be the possible need to telephone activate the second install. It works. It's just not a legally valid way to use a single licensed installation package. As said, quite OK if two licenses are in use.

But as said, no point. Pretty much anything that 'works' on 32-bit Vista also works on 64-bit Vista.

If you're going to dual boot a pair of Window OS's, it's far more useful to do XP32 and Vista 64 than to do V32 and V64 because of what has already been said repeatedly :]

Back