Visiontek Warranty, wth

D

dceremuga

I got my RMA number, sent in the invoice, problem description, etc. Even the damn 10 dollar check to visiontek for return shipping.:rolleyes:

2 weeks and not an email, and there is no phone number or way to do a warranty status check.

Am I expecting too much or is this very poor customer relations. No way to contact them. Damnit.

If you got an RMA number wasn't there an email address?

Call the VisionTek 800 number? VisionTek provides technical support over the phone at 1-866-VTEK-411.

If all else fails, use the warranty form and ask for progress with your RMA in the comments section.

I had a similar experience with Sapphire, very little communication,but three weeks total and I got a new replacement.
You think this is bad.....try sending an email to Apple CS for information about your warranty repair.....took me two days and about 2 dozen emails to finally find the right person.

Can you believe that the phone number refers you to ATI/AMD, then hangs up :(

It will probably show up in a month or two. Document everything and report it to your credit card you purchased it with. They might refund your money as long as the card is still under warranty. I've done this before in similar circumstances.

Their RMA is very slow, they are hard as hell to reach, you have to pay for shipping both ways, and you have to pay the $10.

Their RMA is very slow, they are hard as hell to reach, you have to pay for shipping both ways, and you have to pay the $10.

Serious?

You have to pay for shipping both ways and $10 on top of that? If so, I would never buy anything from them

Yeah that's what I had to do. To top it off the card I received was DOA so they wanted me to everything twice!

Sapphire is a bit like that, except easier to reach.

I paid to ship to them and a $15 dollar "processing fee". Might as well been shippping both ways.:eek:

Yep, I paid 11.00 to ship it and HAD to enclose a check made out to Visiontek for 10.00. I will NEVER purchase from this company again. Damnit anyways. This pisses me off. NO way to contact them, what so ever. The 4870 I sent in was defective, but in prestine condition, no dust and clean. Wonder what I'll get back. Same card with a note, "nothing wrong".

WTF has happened to customer service, especially with these expensive cards! They made a mint on these things on release.

It is very interesting to read true stories of warranty work. I'm basing more of my purchasing decisions on how customers are treated. On a side note, had a Samsung F3 go out. Shipped back, 4 days later a new drive. THAT is how you do it!

It is very interesting to read true stories of warranty work. I'm basing more of my purchasing decisions on how customers are treated. On a side note, had a Samsung F3 go out. Shipped back, 4 days later a new drive. THAT is how you do it!

I remember when I had to RMA my G5 because one of the USB pins got stripped. They emailed me telling me that it just happened to be an inventory check day, and they couldn't ship it to me that day, and the next day they overnight'd my mouse to me.

I had the same problem with them. Not a single communication from them, until I got on their back about it. I found a contact email on their site for RMA service. In the end it took them 4 weeks to send me back a new card. Their excuse...their RMA department was on vacation...WTF? The whole department just decided to take a week off all at the same time? And the cost of RMA with them is a joke. Sending a $10 check and paying for shipping. If you want I can see if I can find that contact email in my gmail archives.

Well, I just checked my archives and apparently the contact email is just [email protected]

It took 2 weeks and 4 emails from them to even respond to me for the first time, and when they did, all they did was ask for my RMA number and what type of card it was. After that it was about another 2 weeks until I got an email with nothing more than a tracking number and estimated delivery time. Not a single line of communicative text.

I think the fairest system would be one where you pay to ship the card to them, and enclose a copy of your receipt for the card and the shipping. Should something turn out to be legitimately wrong with your card, the company would pay to ship it back and reimburse you for the original shipping. Should the card turn out to be fine, you would have to mail them a check to get your card shipped back and be on the hook for the original shipping as well. This would hold both parties completely accountable.

I sent VisionTek a 9500 Pro that belonged to a family member several years ago. They ate it, never got anything back and completely refused to answer any communications (although they happily cashed my $10 check). I learned my lesson there. I hope you have better luck.

Well, I just checked my archives and apparently the contact email is just [email protected]

It took 2 weeks and 4 emails from them to even respond to me for the first time, and when they did, all they did was ask for my RMA number and what type of card it was. After that it was about another 2 weeks until I got an email with nothing more than a tracking number and estimated delivery time. Not a single line of communicative text.

You have to call and harass the fuck out of them for a tracking number. Call twice a day...that's what I did.

My concern is that the card I got as a replacement had no stickers indicating it was a Visiontek card. The card is going strong today but I'm afraid if I return it for warranty in the future that they will say "This isnt our card."

Well, the card I got back was definitely a Visiontek. It just pissed me off that I had to pay shipping both ways and a $10 "fee" for them to take 4 weeks to get me a new card. And I can't even be sure it was new and not refurb. Oh well, that card is long gone anyway (X1950pro) and I'll never buy another visiontek.

Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread. I will be avoiding Visiontek in the future. Good luck OP, hope you get your RMA worked out.

The problem is that they DO NOT HAVE ANY phone number. How the fuck is this place still in business. I would call them today if I had a phone number that went to Visiontek, not some answering machine that says "Call AMD for support" CLICK.

Thanks for the well wishers. We'll see in a month.:confused:

I've emailed twice in the past 4 days. Not even an auto-responder!

I had a decent experience with Visiontek's service... I RMA'd a 2.5 yr old 4870, and got a new one in a week or two.

The $10 check you send along is for the return shipping, not a service fee. They make that very clear, I don't know why people are saying otherwise. From their email: "Send only the defective product, a copy of your sales receipt, and a $10.00 check or money order made payable to VisionTek for return shipping and handling."

When I emailed them asking when to expect the board, they sent me a tracking number.

^^
Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut...
In general, their service is terrible and they make you feel like you are inconveniencing them for even inquiring about that status of the RMA service.

The problem is that they DO NOT HAVE ANY phone number. How the fuck is this place still in business. I would call them today if I had a phone number that went to Visiontek, not some answering machine that says "Call AMD for support" CLICK.

Thanks for the well wishers. We'll see in a month.:confused:

Its still bullshit, but possibly calling AMD would result in getting a real phone number that gets results. Visiontek indirectly represents AMD radeon graphics, and this sort of experience could reflect badly on AMD as a whole. Its easy for visiontek to screw the little guy around, but if AMD wants to talk to them they will pick the phone up.

Its still bullshit, but possibly calling AMD would result in getting a real phone number that gets results. Visiontek indirectly represents AMD radeon graphics, and this sort of experience could reflect badly on AMD as a whole. Its easy for visiontek to screw the little guy around, but if AMD wants to talk to them they will pick the phone up.

Now that is an idea. Time to contact AMD.

Yeah I sent in my HD4870 August 31 and it got there September 2 (i checked tracking). Emailed them 7 days later, they said they didnt get the card yet/not in the system and they requested my tracking #. Gave them the number, 5 days later I emailed them saying when should I expect the video card and they replied saying that they're currently testing the video card o_____O;; really... It is now September 22 and I still don't have my card back so I guess I have how many days till its 4 weeks till I get my card back? lol

Luckly I have a back up card to use but next time I'll purchase from a company that is known for fast RMA, hell it hasnt even been a year and my video card was crapping up.. thats for cheap quality parts.

At least, from the horror stories I've heard, Visiontek has better CS than Diamond. Not like that's saying much. Unless I see an absolutely incredible deal, I usually buy from XFX.

Edit: Or EVGA, but they no longer extend lifetime warranty to every product.

Last edited:
lol the day I go venting.. the following day the video card comes. My HD4870 came in today, package was pretty well sealed (like how i sent it) all in bubble wrap (but they never gave the static bag back??), ill test the card out later but looks refurbished to me, hopefully this will last longer than my other card which didnt even last a year :/

Can you believe this shit reply. God almighty. Here is the tracking number: 1Z37T8680398441037. WTF is wrong with this company. Kyle, if you are here. Can you light a fire under someones ass?

The item has yet to be received in the system. When did you send the graphics/tuner card? Can you provide us with a tracking info to help locate the package?

Thank you.

VisionTek RMA Department

Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:02 PM
To: Visiontek Tech Support
Subject: Re: New Online Form submitted

I would like to check on the status of this RMA please. The product was received by Visiontek.

Exact same thing happened with my RMA. Tracking showed it as delivered, yet it took like a week for it to be "in the system" as they put it. I think it's a case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing with them, in regards to their shipping and receiving department and the RMA department.

Yeah I guess you have to be on top of things. Once you see the card delivered then email them with the tracking and such. Then frequently email them to check up on their status. My RMA took 20 days from the time it got there, I guess you have to be prepared and have a backup card because I missed out on a lot of SC2 :( lol You cant send it and just wait, you have to follow up. I waited a week before I emailed them and they said to send the tracking number and 5 days later they did the 'testing' of the card so the sooner you give them the other info the sooner they can start on it.

As for the card replacement I got a refurbished one HD4870 1GB (same one i sent in), i can tell by the dark smudges on the crossfire connection, the cooler/vrm sinks are newly replaced. I booted it last night and to my surprise it was 4-5C cooler idle than my old one. (45C vs 50C). So far games are running fine, dont really wanna stress the card like I did with my old one (OCCT) since the rev2 of the 4870s are known to have weaker parts.

I guess my advice for this is to just wait patiently and it'll come, good thing I had my bro's 8800GTS to play my games lol otherwise I wouldve gone crazy if I were to use my old and trusty X1900XT.

Edit: also i heard you can register at the forums and talk to one of the admins on there and they will follow up on your RMA

Last edited:
I've sent 2 emails with the tracking information and it has been a week and not a peep out of Visiontek. So far this is not turning out well. This is an update on my RMA.

Suprise, today got the refurbished replacement. Looks new, no dust or anything. A card in the box said "Your video card failed our extensive 3d testing and a refurbished card, 100% tested by Visiontek is enclosed". Haven't had a chance to test it.

Funny part, not one communication. Total time for RMA 1 month. Now to see if the card works :)

I was thinking about pulling the trigger on a Visiontek card. This thread just talked me out of it.

I would not trust visiontech warrantee's after they ate the 9500pro darkpaw sent in, when the card started to die.

Since then I've stuck to XFX for my big cards, and whatever I can get cheapest.

Back