Visiontek Mystery boxes are back 2023

Read the previous year responses. Most werent worth the cost of shipping let alone anything else in the box. Thread took a turn for the worst last year once boxes started showing up. Save your money.
Haha. Too late. I will manage my expectations accordingly. I’ve wasted $85 on dumber things, I’m sure. They make RTX 4090s, right!? Lol

Read the previous year responses. Most werent worth the cost of shipping let alone anything else in the box. Thread took a turn for the worst last year once boxes started showing up. Save your money.
Yep, this is what I remember as well--lots of returns that weren't even working just put in a box and shipped out to people. Bad form imo.

Last year it seemed like they shipped literal trash. Used and returned items. I think some people got ddr3 and Bluetooth speakers, but I can't see how either of those are worth more than shipping. Definitely vote with your wallet and don't buy their crap.

I normally am not much of a gambler, but I'm in for a $50 and a $20 this year.
Last year I think I got a strange looking 3850 video card and 16GB of some DDR4 RAM.
Never used any of it. I guess I'm a sucker for random computer parts. Another word for this may be hoarder.

More power to people actually buying into this scam but I do not need more trash computer parts.

Man, I fell for this last year. Got their $50 box, and came with a crap Bluetooth speaker that I donated and 16gb DDR4 RAM (2 x 8gb) for which only one stick was working. They blamed it on user error and said, as a courtesy, they can help me troubleshoot even though the RAM was sold "as-is". I was ready to open a Paypal dispute but, in the end, let go and just took the loss.

Man, I fell for this last year. Got their $50 box, and came with a crap Bluetooth speaker that I donated and 16gb DDR4 RAM (2 x 8gb) for which only one stick was working. They blamed it on user error and said, as a courtesy, they can help me troubleshoot even though the RAM was sold "as-is". I was ready to open a Paypal dispute but, in the end, let go and just took the loss.
Dang. Glad I paid with my AMEX. If anything flat out doesn't work I can go the dispute route.

My boxes last year were trash. I actually ended up making a profit by selling the docking station but it wasnt worth the hassle.

I got a 3870x2, a small SSD, a usb video capture, some USB-C dock, and some usb port phone charger thing with 6 Lightning cables. And the speaker I think everybody got that had the dead battery inside of it. Have the USB-C in case end up needing it with the M1 Mac Mini, used the phone charger thingy to power a bunch of LED light strips, and the 3870x2 is an interesting piece I suppose. I wasn’t disappointed as others in the thread were.

Not sure I’ll participate this year though. Been spending this year trying to clear out some of the old stuff not adding to it. :-D

Was pretty happy with my $20 and $50 boxes last year, the USB-C Docks ended up being great as I gave them out to people who needed them (Company switched to new HP laptops that require USB-C Docks, and there was a couple month delivery backlog on the docks this year) , and the Memory I got ended up going in a SFF build .

I'd grab some this year but the website seems down

Was pretty happy with my $20 and $50 boxes last year, the USB-C Docks ended up being great as I gave them out to people who needed them (Company switched to new HP laptops that require USB-C Docks, and there was a couple month delivery backlog on the docks this year) , and the Memory I got ended up going in a SFF build .

I'd grab some this year but the website seems down
Fellow sucker over here. Did one of each after shrugging my shoulders on "what's $15 more to run the table?" after carting a $50 and $20. Will temper expectations as advised. And of course share the story upon arrival.

1669473802438.gif

Computer enthusiasts: “I’m sick and tired of loot boxes in video games! This is ridiculous, and the government should step in because it’s basically gambling!”

Also computer enthusiasts: “Oooooh, a mystery box! I wonder what’s inside…it’s only $20 I guess, may be something good…”

Computer enthusiasts: “I’m sick and tired of loot boxes in video games! This is ridiculous, and the government should step in because it’s basically gambling!”

Also computer enthusiasts: “Oooooh, a mystery box! I wonder what’s inside…it’s only $20 I guess, may be something good…”
At least when I buy a heavily discounted amazon return 3d printer, I know I'm getting a printer in some state of functionality. This stuff is just dumb.

If you run a tech YouTube channel or stream, then this is basically fantastic content. But if you're looking for actual value... welll......

If you run a tech YouTube channel or stream, then this is basically fantastic content. But if you're looking for actual value... welll......
So true. Never too late to start! Look for my old balls and loose skin opening Visiontek mystery boxes at a YouTube channel near you soon! Except the kids don't even know who or what a "Visiontek" is...lol.

So true. Never too late to start! Look for my old balls and loose skin opening Visiontek mystery boxes at a YouTube channel near you soon! Except the kids don't even know who or what a "Visiontek" is...lol.
What hurts my brains is there are literally teenage girls with millions of followers that do nothing other than open Amazon return pallets. They've already made enough money to be set for life.

Unbox Therapy started as the most genius scam ever. It's figuratively poking at people's lizard brains and most folks are more than happy with that level of content. Netflix should stop making 100 million dollar films and just have some guy (or moar bettar kawaii girl) opening things.

(As someone that shoots film, I'll be clear, I'm not mad about their success. We all know that if we could be doing that, we would. It's more the aspect that that "works" that hurts, and not that someone is doing it. They're smart for figuring it out).

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Woot.com "bag of crap". Except that was only $5 and universally known to deliver the goods.
I remember when Woot was legit AF... now it's just a crap store like everywhere else.

With all these Amazon return pallets and stuff you could probably start a spiritual successor to Woot pretty easily.

Ah f it, I cant believe I just ordered it again. I ended up ordering all 4 types too fully knowing I would be sent junk less than half the value, if it even works in the first place. I need help...

Back