Visiontek Mystery Box ( $5, $10, $20, $50 *Premium GPU?* )

1207212221.jpg
What a bag of crap. Bluetooth speaker, 16gb stick of 2666mhz ddr4, and a gpu of unknown garbage. Looks to be pci. Was hoping for an ssd or maybe the dock, at least those might have been useful. This was the $50 one, whole collection goes in the garbage.

Lol, little less disappointed buying the $20 one then. Got the same crap, but even more useless stick of 8gb ddr3. Enough buying VT's e-waste for me.

So the bluetooth speaker works - but only when plugged in. I left it charging all night, and it turns off instantly when unplugged. Will not turn on unless power is provided. At least it's bluetooth, maybe I can keep it in the garage? It's really no good quality wise lol.

I bit, damn my terrible self control. I'm ready for some disappointment, bring it on visiontek.

16 gb ddr4 , cheap speaker for the $50 box. Would have loved to get some old stuff, but oh well. I'll find a use or dump the memory to a friend as a gift.

I bought the $50 box, got a super cheap speaker, and the VisionTek VT4000 Dual Display USB Dock. I could have done with the some DDR4, but i'm happy with the dock. I had looked into buying one of these previously, but ended up with the VT1000 due to the price.

Just got the $20 box delivered as well, got a vt200 portable dock and another speaker.

Muuuuch better value there. Happy overall.

lol...gambles, I DIDN'T win...complains.

If ya'll want some more old computer hardware and obsolete cables I can throw a few boxes together for you. I really don't mind selling it. :)
Gambling implies a chance to win something worthwhile, I mean if somewhere on the interwebs someone states they got a 3060 or something then cool, gambling. But yeah, complaining is silly except maybe the fact they're sending broken shit.

And me too, lots if premium parts to be had from me too, for the cost of shipping it can be yours!

Gambling implies a chance to win something worthwhile, I mean if somewhere on the interwebs someone states they got a 3060 or something then cool, gambling. But yeah, complaining is silly except maybe the fact they're sending broken shit.

And me too, lots if premium parts to be had from me too, for the cost of shipping it can be yours!
Are the boxes for charity? If not, why are people buying them?

Received my $50 box of shit today...literally. Pitbull speaker that is smaller than a Rubik's Cube and a VT4000 Docking Station.

If I got an SSD or RAM at least I could find use for them lol. Would have been better doing 2x $20 and 1x $10.

If people want more fun when this ends, I can do the same thing with all of my extra stuff. I don't even remotely understand the appeal of this, but there appears to be a large market for mystery boxes of mostly useless random PC components.
I too have a closet full of stuff waiting for someone to buy, I can't tell you what it is, its a mystery.

View attachment 419596
What a bag of crap. Bluetooth speaker, 16gb stick of 2666mhz ddr4, and a gpu of unknown garbage. Looks to be pci. Was hoping for an ssd or maybe the dock, at least those might have been useful. This was the $50 one, whole collection goes in the garbage.
Send the ram to those who recycle old parts. 2666 ddr 4 is still useful to some. Xeons in x99 boards, for instance.

Loot boxes of ewaste never end.

Most loot boxes I open online I have or had and can't use.

Life imitating art, I guess.

View attachment 419596

I mean if you're dumping it I'll take that ram off your hands for my poverty pc properly dispose of it for you.

I mean if you're dumping it I'll take that ram off your hands for my poverty pc properly dispose of it for you.
hahah yeah, i would have been thrilled if i had gotten some ddr4, but the ram will pop into one of my mining rigs, lol not every day you get some working ddr3 with a giant heatsink, lol and 2 480 gb hds made up for almost all the cost.

A friend with a 1700x may make use of it. One thing that sucks is it's not available anywhere in the us, all I find when punching in the part number are Vietnamese pages. So no opportunity to match it.

Ordered x2 $20 boxes and x2 5$ boxes afew days ago, just got the package with a 480gig ssd, 4gb stick of DDR3 a Radeon 3650, thunderbolt to display port adapter, and a cheap Bluetooth speaker.

A friend with a 1700x may make use of it. One thing that sucks is it's not available anywhere in the us, all I find when punching in the part number are Vietnamese pages. So no opportunity to match it.

That's weird you'd think there would be at least some form of a US SKU or part number somewhere, but then again it's a 16gb stick so you could get by without matching it for most non-serious uses.

I got a 2x8gb ddr4 2666 rgb ram kit and pitbull speaker that actually works with my $50 mystery box. The 2x$20 mystery boxes only had a pitbull speaker, the vt1000 dock, and 120gb ssd.

I got a 2x8gb ddr4 2666 rgb ram kit and pitbull speaker that actually works with my $50 mystery box. The 2x$20 mystery boxes only had a pitbull speaker, the vt1000 dock, and 120gb ssd.

Wow! Didn't think it was possible. Mine, like most everyone else's, will not charge and turns off immediately when unplugged.

Won't be doing this again next year! I remember having VisionTek GPUs way back when, but they'll never get a penny of mine again lol.

Wow! Didn't think it was possible. Mine, like most everyone else's, will not charge and turns off immediately when unplugged.

Won't be doing this again next year! I remember having VisionTek GPUs way back when, but they'll never get a penny of mine again lol.
If everyone here sends me their speakers I'll create a 27 speaker array in my garage, will probably max out around the volume level of a speaking voice 💪

View attachment 419596
I'd take the stick of RAM! Be great for a firewall desktop box. Even the DDR3 8GB, I have a Lenovo that a slot died on the mobo.

Well that sucked. 1x $50, 2x $20, 1x $10

I got the following:

Thunderbolt3 to dual displayport adapter (new)
VT1000 dock (refurb, slightly dirty)
VT200 dock (new?)
2x 4gb DDR3 1600 (new)
hot garbage pitbull speaker (refurb? appears to have dirt on it and some wear).

:wacky: Oh well, last time I do that. Figured this would be a "fun" way to get a janky AGP/PCI or low-end PCIe GPU for testing my retro systems. Lesson learned.

Back