VisionTek ATI RADEON HD3870 OC 512MB $129 no rebates @ BestBuy on Sunday 6/1

i dont mean to be a tit, but its against forum rules to post ebay links. i got all kinds of shit when i did it once.

It's probably ok since he is not selling something himself... but who knows.

Anyway, some d-bag came in a bought 8 of these from my store sunday morning. Ridiculous.

Should have put a limit on how much people can buy.
The sales guy asked how many I wanted since they were locked in the glass display. I got one, but later ordered another online when I realized it was cheaper than the 3870x2. :cool:

But now I'm thinking of taking one back and picking up a BFG 8800GT OC for $149 at Fry's.

I just love watching everyone bitch about the people that buy and then re-sell them. Jealous and envious much because you weren't able to get one?

The 9600 GT is faster in most cases and is slower than the 8800GT so there is no chance in hell an 8800GT is slower than an HD 3870 -_-

I just love watching everyone bitch about the people that buy and then re-sell them. Jealous and envious much because you weren't able to get one?
If I wanted them, I could have had them all, so no.
I just hate it when one guy comes in and buys them all, and then i have to deal with customers coming in all day and having to tell them we don't have them. Most on-sale items cannot be ordered, so it can be a huge pain.

I have to send my 8800gt oc 512mb from bfg into RMA this week cause fan issue. TF 2 and COD4 both give me better frps on this card rather than the nvidia. Also I dont get the crash bug, so thats nice. AMD athlin 64 x2 4000+ cpu and crappy mobo.

If I wanted them, I could have had them all, so no.
I just hate it when one guy comes in and buys them all, and then i have to deal with customers coming in all day and having to tell them we don't have them. Most on-sale items cannot be ordered, so it can be a huge pain.

Ok, so your bitching from the customer service point-of-view. That is completely understandable as I have done alot of customer service work. Most people are a pain-in-the-a$$ to deal with at times.

I just cannot stand the rest of the people that like to bitch for the purpose of bitching. Who knows how far the person lives from the BB that they got the cards from? Gas is at $4+/gal or did everyone forget about that? What about the time that the person spent going to/from BB, possibly waiting in line, or whatever else? I know, I know, only YOUR time is worth anything but everyone elses is not worth a damn dime.

...Who knows how far the person lives from the BB that they got the cards from? Gas is at $4+/gal or did everyone forget about that? What about the time that the person spent going to/from BB, possibly waiting in line, or whatever else? I know, I know, only YOUR time is worth anything but everyone elses is not worth a damn dime.

LMAO!!! Oh please...

I drove an hour out and an hour back, to get to the nearest BB... just to get one for myself.
Sure, I could'a bought every last one of them to re-sell. The thought even crossed my mind, as I could REALLY use the profit to help make ends meet.

But, no. I thought of all the times I've driven an hour out to BB, stood in line for an hour (+) waiting for the store to open, and surfed my way through a sea of inconsiderate jerks, only to find out some A**hole bought every single one of them.

Who repays me for MY time, and MY gas? Or to repeat your own quote...
...I know, I know, only YOUR time is worth anything...

I think stores like BB should have the standard 3-per-customer limit on items like this. We know they want to get rid of 'em, but lets be real... at that price they're gonna sell.

As for me, I'm just glad I locked one for myself (online w/ pickup) BEFORE the vultures picked the place clean.

:p

Slickdeals has a poll about who is getting Rev1 and Rev2. Is Rev1 the same as the other brand's with the weak fan BIOS like Rev1 Diamond 3870s?

Slickdeals has a poll about who is getting Rev1 and Rev2. Is Rev1 the same as the other brand's with the weak fan BIOS like Rev1 Diamond 3870s?

Both of mine are Rev 1.0, you have a linky for the poll? What's the difference?

Has anyone slapped two of these puppies on a p5w DH Deluxe? Also, does anyone know if a Corsair 520 will handle crossfire?

Has anyone slapped two of these puppies on a p5w DH Deluxe? Also, does anyone know if a Corsair 520 will handle crossfire?
I was going to run Crossfire on a Truepower Trio 430W since the rails should be able to handle the system load (32A total on 12V1 + 12V2 + 12V3) with careful use of rails and not much more overclocking (if any). I'm still thinking of getting a second 8800GT instead, but that will need a new PSU. :(

I would try it on the Corsair with the caveats above, but others probably wouldn't. :p

AMD has an official list here: http://game.amd.com/us-en/crossfirex_components.aspx?p=3#ATI Radeon™ HD 3850 / ATI Radeon™ HD 3870

I picked one of these up for $126 after tax with the 10% off coupon from SlickDeals. It's a great card; I don't game that much anymore but it runs any Source game and WoW at full detail just fine on my 1920x1200 Lenovo L220x. Dual-DVI is a great plus, and it works perfectly in Ubuntu, too. For the price I think it's hard to beat.

Had a gift card laying around for $35 for a year now that I hadn't used. Ended up paying $105 out of my own pocket for the card, going to be replacing an HD2600XT that will not go into my media center.

got last one in one of the houston store. will try it out tonight to see if I like it. If I don't, I'll return it.

Got to Natomas, CA none left. Went to Arden Fair, CA store. They had 4. I grabbed 2 for crossfire. Then came back later and grabbed the last one for a friend. ^_^ Happy with my purchase.

Swapped out my 9600GT for one of these to see how it works and to be honest EVE Online runs a whole lot better with the 3870. Guess it's the ol' ATI better at DX thing I guess.

I was there. There was two 3870s left. I was tempted to get both, but I didn't. With the 48x0 series around the corner, you'll be able to get these for this price soon enough everywhere. I'll snatch up a pair of 4850s and see how they fair against my 8800 GTS 512 in a few weeks.

stupid me, i went out and bought another card to run crossfire and it turns out that i have an nvidia motherboards so i can't run it...

stupid me, i went out and bought another card to run crossfire and it turns out that i have an nvidia motherboards so i can't run it...

I think you can run crossfire on any chipset, it's the other way around you can't run sli on mobos other than nvidias...:cool:

A buddy just bought one of these baby's. Had a cute asian girl "helpin" us out. I told her i'd need geek squad to come to my house to install it ;)

so even if i put these cards in my PC. And want to take them back, i can? And get my money back? I know wal mart just gives you the same item back but sealed.

I think you can run crossfire on any chipset, it's the other way around you can't run sli on mobos other than nvidias...:cool:

you cant run crossfire on an nvidia chipset board.... and only x38 and upwards intel boards will run both pci express slots at x16 in crossfire

if one ordered this card from bb.com and select store pick up, would he still be able to use the 10% coupon? I know the coupon said that its not redeemable on bb.com

if one ordered this card from bb.com and select store pick up, would he still be able to use the 10% coupon? I know the coupon said that its not redeemable on bb.com

you can always go back to local BB, ask them for buy back, bring your coupon.

good luck

jhartono0002: so do a return, and a buy back on the spot with the coupon?

just bring the coupon and receipt back to the store and they will do a price match. I just did it yesterday. I brought the card with me incase they wanted to return and re-buy but all they did was price match it and gave me $13.72 back.

jhartono0002: so do a return, and a buy back on the spot with the coupon?
Be careful. Make sure that they will do it before you try. This is up to the manager, and they may not let you buy it back.

Alright, I don't NEED this card but for the money can I really beat it today? I will be replacing a 256 meg 7600gs. I know, I know, it will be like night and day between the two and my gfx card is definately the bottleneck in my current gaming system. Fraps shows 22-26 fps in TF2 (current game addiction) but can really get bogged down in knock out drag out firefights. I guess what I am really looking for is someone to push me off the fence either way. :confused:

Alright, I don't NEED this card but for the money can I really beat it today? I will be replacing a 256 meg 7600gs. I know, I know, it will be like night and day between the two and my gfx card is definately the bottleneck in my current gaming system. Fraps shows 22-26 fps in TF2 (current game addiction) but can really get bogged down in knock out drag out firefights. I guess what I am really looking for is someone to push me off the fence either way. :confused:

from a 7600gs you'll be laughing about the difference.... your frame rate will prolly triple lol, even with 4aa and 8af you'll prolly still get about 50fps @ 1920x

Back