VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 4850 $149 @ Best Buy starts 9/21 Sunday

So, should i buy this online right now and just get the price adjustment + 10$ giftcard? Will they honor it?

*Just called right now and they said yes. I'm gonna buy the card right now since they have it in stock and just price adjust. :)

And also they have a 30 day return policy even if it's open box, so u can just return it if they're honoring the discount.:)

So, should i buy this online right now and just get the price adjustment + 10$ giftcard? Will they honor it?

*Just called right now and they said yes. I'm gonna buy the card right now since they have it in stock and just price adjust. :)

And also they have a 30 day return policy even if it's open box, so u can just return it if they're honoring the discount.:)

Smart plan, might just do that...

Smart plan, might just do that...

Just do it. I just went to my local Best Buy and bought the card. They confirmed what i asked and now all i gotta do is stop by this Sunday with the receipt and bam!, price adjustment and 10$ gift card :) I'll probably put it towards Rock Band 2 :)

told the guy it was 149.99 online, he edited the price manually, and i left with a 4850 for $161 w/ tax.

Damn your pretty lucky to get it a couple days ahead of time. I'll probably snag a 4850 for the gf on sunday

I've got a 12% off coupon, to go with $10 in Best Buy rewards ... so I'm looking at a cheap 4850 on Sunday :)

Whyyy... I could afford this, but I shouldn't... but I could... but I shouldn't.

... Damn you Hot Deals.

Mail in rebates are lose.

You know, I have that card. I sent in the rebate a few days late, but wrote a nice little apology note and asked them to help me out. I just got the email yesterday that said they received my submission and are going to process it and honor the rebate! :D

Looks like I might luck out this time ... Asus +1 in my book. But I might pick up this visiontek anyways for the good crossfire deal and to have at least one card in my rig with a lifetime warranty. So far I'm pleased with Asus as of late. I actually had to call them on a motherboard issue and I was helped in real English. It was funny. The girl I talked to said she really didn't know much about motherboards, but then went on to tell me exactly what I needed to do to resolve my issue. Lol.

Big Visiontek fan too though. Got several of there cards running flawlessly in quite a few rigs I've built for friends/family. They are solid cards. I would buy from them any day. Come this weekend, I might....

You know, I have that card. I sent in the rebate a few days late, but wrote a nice little apology note and asked them to help me out. I just got the email yesterday that said they received my submission and are going to process it and honor the rebate! :D

Looks like I might luck out this time ... Asus +1 in my book. But I might pick up this visiontek anyways for the good crossfire deal and to have at least one card in my rig with a lifetime warranty. So far I'm pleased with Asus as of late. I actually had to call them on a motherboard issue and I was helped in real English. It was funny. The girl I talked to said she really didn't know much about motherboards, but then went on to tell me exactly what I needed to do to resolve my issue. Lol.

Big Visiontek fan too though. Got several of there cards running flawlessly in quite a few rigs I've built for friends/family. They are solid cards. I would buy from them any day. Come this weekend, I might....

More power to you if you actually do mail-in-rebates. But myself along with 90% of the population don't. There's no reason I couldn't do them... just usually life gets in the way.

nys tax kills the deal. Unless I have a 10% off BB coupon around or something.

newegg has comparable prices and sometimes free shipping if you keep an eye out. small hardware like video cards , ram , cpus are no problem shipped. I don't like to get monitors shipped though since returning is a hassle. Thats about the only thing I'd buy from BB, and only if I had a coupon to make up for the taxes. I do agree mail in rebates suck and I do slack on smaller amount ones sometimes.. but once the mir is $30 to $60 in some cases - I am not so lazy about it.

;)

thanks for the heads up on the sale ad though.

Do the 1gig modeles of the 4850/4870 do better then the 512meg versions ? Or is it too much memory for the gpu to use well ?

Do the 1gig modeles of the 4850/4870 do better then the 512meg versions ? Or is it too much memory for the gpu to use well ?

actually Crysis seems to be the only game that having more than 512mb on the 4850 helps.

"Again, that's not bad at all, we are using an extremely heavy on the GPU scene here. It's funny to see that Crysis is framebuffer limited, with 1 GB memory it performing better than the 4870 with 512MB until you hit GPU limitation in the highest resolutions."

http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-radeon-hd-4850-1gb-gvr485oc1gi-review/8

Wish they showed the rest of the ad.

Then they'd have to change the title as well. Something like:

BestBuy B&M Sunday 9/21 Sale. Visiontek 4850/4870 on sale + more! :p

Then there'd be someone saying: "Shouldn't the Visiontek 4850/4870 be in it's own thread?" :confused:

All of the people some of the time/Some of the people all of the time. :rolleyes:

Then they'd have to change the title as well. Something like:

BestBuy B&M Sunday 9/21 Sale. Visiontek 4850/4870 on sale + more! :p

Then there'd be someone saying: "Shouldn't the Visiontek 4850/4870 be in it's own thread?" :confused:

All of the people some of the time/Some of the people all of the time. :rolleyes:

.+1

Some kid bought the last one in our store tonight. We had like four of those things in stock this week, and they all got sold out before the real sale even started. :(

Oh well. I can't really afford it right now so it's a blessing I guess. I'll save up for BF.

Our store only had 3 in stock when I got mine. Glad I did now as I won't be able to be there when the store opens this morning.

Anyone know if the 10% off coupons work with deal as well?

I'm hoping they do because I also have a $5 'reward zone' certificate. I'm going to try and get one for $129.99 before tax (149.99 - 10% - $5). Should be a pretty nice upgrade from my 7900GT.

Anyone know if the 10% off coupons work with deal as well?

I'm hoping they do because I also have a $5 'reward zone' certificate. I'm going to try and get one for $129.99 before tax (149.99 - 10% - $5). Should be a pretty nice upgrade from my 7900GT.
it should if the price scanned shows up as a regular price which it usually does for most on sale items at BB. I bought a psu that was on sale there and it scanned at the sale price and didnt indicate that it was actually "on sale". if it shows up as on sale on the register then you cant use the coupons.

Went back today for my credit BB charged me $157.49 including Tx. Plus I got the $10 gift card. I am gonna install it this afternoon.

Picked up this sweet card today at BB for $149.99 + tax and they do give you the $10 gift card right on the spot. Installed and working perfectly!

Bought it at Fry's then showed the add and got their 110% price policy deal on the sale price of the HD4850+$10 for the gift card. On top of that Fry's gave me a $40 mail in rebate. :)

:D

Bought it at Fry's then showed the add and got their 110% price policy deal on the sale price of the HD4850+$10 for the gift card. On top of that Fry's gave me a $40 mail in rebate. :)

:D

Now THAT is a great deal.

SonDa5
Bought it at Fry's then showed the add and got their 110% price policy deal on the sale price of the HD4850+$10 for the gift card. On top of that Fry's gave me a $40 mail in rebate.
Now that's some true bargain hunting skill. Impressive.

The 4850 and the 4870 are having driver problem when displaying on the DVI output. The screen goes blank after booting into Windows. This occurs in Vista for me and not in Windows XP. Therefore I sold my 4850.

That's your problem, not for all 48xxs. What you wrote seems to indicate that the drivers have a flaw for everyone.

Back