Visio 2007

theDreamer

2[H]4U
My office asked me to do a diagram and layout of our server room, found Microsoft had a nice looking program called Visio and downloaded the trail. Install went fine, rebooted (as instructed), opens fine but cannot drag any icons into the layout.
Maybe I have no clue what I am doing, but I picked Network, and it stated to drag the icon into the layout. Yet when I pick the icon, and drag nothing happens. Am I completely clueless right now on what I am doing? :confused:

Thanks.

There should be some type of help feature in it you might want to take a look at. I have used Visio in the past, and IIRC, icons in the left pane should be able to dragged into the workspace without issue. Make sure you are working with a new document and aren't stuck in some type of tutorial.

I forgot to mention I am still using the Trial version, not sure if that matters, but will I lose any features currently? Want to try it before I try to get approval to buy it.

I don't know if the Trial version limits your ability to export/save documents. Might want to test that out. Expecially if you need to present something to your boss.

I've used trial version before with no issues. There's something wrong with your install.

I found out that Microsoft has an online trial version, which uses the web browser. It is working and allowing me to test out the software as I needed. Thanks for all the help.

Trial only limits you to something like 60 or 180 days. AFAIK no MS Office Family trials are functions limited.

I'm not sure what your problem is however. You wouldn't be doing anything wrong dragging and dropping objects.

Back