Virtuix Omni

slyxxmarbo

n00b
anyone try these? and also does anyone know if they are selling these platforms in retail yet?

I haven't tried it. But last I've heard only 3 or 4 applications have any support for it.

I haven't tried it. But last I've heard only 3 or 4 applications have any support for it.

that sucks, it has so much potential, i can picture a lot of VR businesses hosting large scale battlefield matches.

It's a cool idea, but the VR industry as a whole is currently just trying to get enough people to buy the HMDs to make the VR sofware market profitable. Convincing these same people to spend another ~$700 on a locomotion controller and convincing software devs to write games around their functionality is a new ballgame.

Does it solve locomotion sickness or just sorta mask it a bit?

Does it solve locomotion sickness or just sorta mask it a bit?

You mean VR sickness? That's largley a software design/performance issue. The Omni, or devices like it wouldn't necessarily help of hurt being able to use VR comfortably.

I mean if you are physically moving your feet does it trick the brain into thinking it's moving forward/back/strafe/rotate/etc... so that it's more comfortable than using a thumbstick to do the same thing

You mean VR sickness? That's largley a software design/performance issue. The Omni, or devices like it wouldn't necessarily help of hurt being able to use VR comfortably.

It may actually help with motion sickness. Your body is accustomed to more than visual input to tell when it's moving. For me playing VR games where you can actually walk is a blessing and a curse. I never knew what motion sickness was until I played ALIENS or Paranormal.

I thought it was like 700 bucks for the platform... but it may require a few other accessories

http://www.virtuix.com/products/

For total cost including PC, Vive, taxes, shipping... I'd plan on spending between $4000-$5000

Back