Virtual Server 2003. Will RDP be accessable?

musicman_ace

Limp Gawd
I have a linux file and print server at home. I was wondering if I install VMware and create a Windows 2003 Server virtual machine if I would be able to use the Remote Desktop Connection/Protocol to access it. I don't know if being Virtual, it would goof up that ability. The 2003 server would have its own IP address on the LAN since the linux box has 2 network cards.

Any have any experience with this?
thanks
adam

musicman_ace said:
I have a linux file and print server at home. I was wondering if I install VMware and create a Windows 2003 Server virtual machine if I would be able to use the Remote Desktop Connection/Protocol to access it. I don't know if being Virtual, it would goof up that ability. The 2003 server would have its own IP address on the LAN since the linux box has 2 network cards.

Any have any experience with this?
thanks
adam
It will work fine, and you don't even need 2 network cards if you use bridged networking.

We have multiple virtual servers at work and RDP seems to work fine. Though I perfer VNC on the virtual servers. I like to be able to see if someone is in one of the virtual servers from the host OS.

Yes, it works fine.
We run Redhat Enterprise with Server 2003 installed through vmware on all the servers. I gain access through RDP with no problems - nothing special needs to be done.

Back