Virtual Reality Teaches Teens Dangers Of Texting And Driving

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is now a proven fact that virtual reality can help teach teens about the dangers of distracted driving. I know it sounds gimmicky and expensive (neither of which are true) but now that there is concrete statistical evidence proving that it works, school districts around the country should seriously look into programs like this.

A virtual reality simulation program is being used to help teens learn the dangers and risks associated with texting and driving. The program is heading to four other schools across the state this week, to share the information. Indiana needed the help. In 2014, it was ranked 50 out of 50 states in teen driver fatalities - making it one of the worst states in the country for teen drivings. Now, less than two years later, it's improved. Indiana is now ranked 22 in teen driving safety.

In before the usual "OR JUST TELL'EM NOT TO STUPID TEENS BACK IN MY DAY YAR HAR" posts.

In truth, these solutions that help educate young people to do the right thing are only good for society.

Something like...

Where to text while alone in your car.

FKXW88B.jpg

C78rEIO.jpg

You don't need a simulator to teach them that, all you need is a closed course and a cell phone. Make-em text away and score their driving.

We need a better method. Like Pavlov's dog. Put them into car and connect a 50,000V taser to the seat. they pull out their phone you shock them. After awhile they will have the feeling of getting shocked burned into their head, no more pulling out their phone.

As an Indiana resident I wish they'd get this in every high school in the state.

I dont understand how kids can be this fucking stupid today. I'm in my early 30's so I was a teen in the 90's, not that long ago. We didnt really have texting back then but I can guarantee you I was smart enough to understand the mere implication of taking my fucking eyes off the road and what is likely to result. Why the hell do you have to prove this to kids today? How can they not grasp this very simple concept on their own?

I dont understand how kids can be this fucking stupid today. I'm in my early 30's so I was a teen in the 90's, not that long ago. We didnt really have texting back then but I can guarantee you I was smart enough to understand the mere implication of taking my fucking eyes off the road and what is likely to result. Why the hell do you have to prove this to kids today? How can they not grasp this very simple concept on their own?

Don't blame the kids as they learn by example. Everywhere I look I see people driving while on the phone. Police officers, moms, old people just people from all walks of life are on there phone and driving and that is what the kids learn to follow. I was a kid in the early 80's and we didn't have texting but I had a Gf and had my hands full of boobies, changing tapes in the tape deck or trying to roll a joint while driving. Only the grace of God kept me from killing myself or others. Times have changed and everyone has phones that are smart, anything to bring awareness is awesome.

Personally I am all for much harsher punishments, I'm an eye for an eye kind of guy so first time offender of txting while driving should be attempted homicide by txt with a 90 day incarceration, double insurance rate and loss of cell phone rights for 1 year.

Yeah sounds harsh but I was a medic for a long time and once you scrape the 45th person up with a spatula due to txting and driving you start to feel that God thinned the heard a little, its the innocent bystanders that one feels sorry for.

There was a recent YouTube video of a guy showing his mom, in a parking lot, that he bought and new motorcycle. She goes on to say that you're going to get hit by someone not paying attention or something like that. They both drive away and are heading some place. The mother crashes into her son while he's stopped at a stop sign, she was texting.

Edit: Found it.

There was a recent YouTube video of a guy showing his mom, in a parking lot, that he bought and new motorcycle. She goes on to say that you're going to get hit by someone not paying attention or something like that. They both drive away and are heading some place. The mother crashes into her son while he's stopped at a stop sign, she was texting.

I can relate to the video. I was rear-ended at a stop-light. I was OK but the bike was a loss and my girlfriend sued the crap out of the driver. Driver was 16 years old and got his license two weeks before. He crashed into us because he was trying to find a song to listen to on the radio. This was in 1990.

Whats really starting to make my blood boil these days is that texting while driving is almost socially acceptable now. Every single time I am at a red light I glance over and practically everyone is fucking with their phones. The part that burns me is even the people who are first in line at the light are still on their phones. Lady is on her phone, light turns green, 3 seconds pass and she still hasnt moved and I can see through her back window by looking at her rearview mirror that her head and eyes are aimed straight down. I lay on the horn and she does the ole "whatsa matter?!" throwing her hands up in the air. We're now at 5 seconds sitting at a fucking standstill at a green light. She finally goes and I'm just like "bitch, it took you 5 seconds to react to a traffic light. Probably more if I hadnt honked. 10 people will now miss their green light behind all of us because of your ineptitude". Yet I'm the weird one for not updating my facebook status at a convenient red light traffic intersection.

I dont even understand wtf is so damn important that people always have to be on their phones. The average traffic light is what, 60 seconds? Maybe 2 minutes? I have no problem just enjoying my music and glancing about the world until it's time to go. I wouldnt even want to start surfing the internet or whatever because I'd get annoyed being interrupted.

I can relate to the video. I was rear-ended at a stop-light. I was OK but the bike was a loss and my girlfriend sued the crap out of the driver. Driver was 16 years old and got his license two weeks before. He crashed into us because he was trying to find a song to listen to on the radio. This was in 1990.

i recently stuck a go pro session under the rear on my bike just too see if i was right at being over cautious at every light i stoped at. very much every redlight cars and trucks would creep forward while the morons were texting away. we can filter here in the uk so that takes some not all the danger away. and at lights if the lane is empty i tend stop in the middle.

Most people aged less than 30 years think they are invincible.

Talk about badluck! No it was her stupid mistake.

Talk about badluck! No it was her stupid mistake.
This is also bizarre, so if she didnt hit her son was she going to just drive right the fuck out into traffic and side swipe any oncoming car? Stupid bitch.

This is also bizarre, so if she didnt hit her son was she going to just drive right the fuck out into traffic and side swipe any oncoming car? Stupid bitch.
True true. She is a mother of a guy who is riding a monster, so even an insane person wouldn't say that she isn't mature enough!

Back