Virtual machine on Windows server 2008?

antok86

[H]F Junkie
what program do i need to run vista on a virtual machine on windows server 2008 x86. (dreamspark) i dont believe hyper-v is on the 32bit version. i may be wrong.
thanks

HyperV doesnt work on 32bit 2008 server, but your cdkey should work on x64 2008 server

to run Vista on the 32bit 2008, youll need Vmware workstation, VMware server, possibly could try Virtual pc/server from MS.

im playing with virtual box and winxp but i cant get winxp to see my shard files from my other computers. they are on the same workgroup

There's a thread in the Virtual subforum, where I asked this very question. However, it seems the answer doesn't apply anymore, due to updates to VirtualBox. Let me check my settings, and I'll report back.

With the VM not currently running, go into the settings from the main VirtualBox screen. Make sure oyu have your XP VM highlighted. Then go to the Network section. under Attached to...make sure you have Host Interface showing. You should then be able to select the Host Interface, and your NIC should be displayed in the lower box. Now, if you boot up your VM, it will grab an IP address from whatever is running DHCP on your network, and it should be able to access network resources.

I run XP in a VM on my corporate domain, and I have the VM added as a computer on my domain. I log in to it with my domain account, and my login script runs, just as if it was a native system.

i get bsod with virtualbox running xp on windows server 08. get this msg on bsod-ndis.sys

ndis are network drivers. Start checking from there.

where do i start? it only happens when i start streaming from tversity in the vmware. reason for it is i cant stream straight from windows server 08 to a ps3 or xbox. but it dont crashwhen i just have the vmware with the os idle.

maybe it would be easier for what i need to just go install vista x64...but does it support raid?

Back