Virtual Drive software?

I just installed Windows 7 Professional x64 edition and I installed PowerISO but apparently it does not work with win7, at least not the 64 bit version. What do you guys use on win7 x64? Any recommendations? I prefer the software to be free or unlimited usage free without registration (kind of like WinRAR). I don't mind nagging screens. Also, I would like the software to be just the software w/ crap that bundle into it. TIA.

DaemonTools works just fine from my experience (not that I use it constantly, just installed it to verify functionality a few weeks ago). There are some others nowadays as well; most were waiting for Windows 7 to be "officially" released on the 22nd... and yes I tested DaemonTools on Windows 7 x86 and x64.

alcohol 52% is a good freeware suite :)

or alcohol 120% if you want the ability to burn images, but that costs $$$

Thanks for the info guys! I think I will give Virtual Clone Drive a try tonight.

Can't go wrong with VCD. Like many others I used to use Daemon Tools but I've been using VCD for a while without any issues. It's great free software!

There was a similar thread about this type of software not long ago. If you can dig it up you'll see there were a lot of long time DT users that switched to VCD and had no complaints; some even finding it to be superior.

Back