Virgin Mobile HTC One V 49.99 + Cashback

See i bought my elite phone 9/9 on the 35 plan then changed it over to the 25 plan 9/19 using change plan method above (never grandfathered), the change over to 35 started 7/20. So I switched to the 25 plan after the 35 plan went into effect. But from what i've read, if you use the swap phone option on vm's website it allows you to change phones to a new phone while your plan remains the same. But say you try doing it over the phone or talk with a rep (ymmv) and they make you switch over to the 35 plan. Am I wrong about the swap option on vm's website?

Only for the pre-Elite phones (Triumph, Optimus V, Intercept). Elite is borderline (not officially supported, but due to VM playing nice on the Elite, it seems to work unoffically). Newer phones will insist on the $35 plan. I haven't seen anyone get around this on howardforums, FW, etc legally (ignoring ESN hacking - you can get anything on there with a donor phone but it's not legit).

I've heard other people in the same boat as you, It wouldn't hurt to give customer support a call and ask what the status is if you can't track it on their website. It's just a pain in the ass to to get past all the automated options when you first call lol.

Got a tracking number out of the blue early this morning. Never did get a confirmation email when I ordered it.

oh, i just received confirmation email from virgin mobile that my phone shipped out... wow that was slow

What can I do if I haven't gotten any notification about FW CB? Got the email from VM with a tracking number...

Clicked through FW to get to VM's page, with the popup for CB the entire time..

:(!!

What can I do if I haven't gotten any notification about FW CB? Got the email from VM with a tracking number...

Clicked through FW to get to VM's page, with the popup for CB the entire time..

:(!!

You wait. You can't submit a support ticket with FW for a minimum of 14 days. Click on My Account --> My Cash Back, scroll down a bit and click on View Click History. You can submit a support request for the particular clickthru there... only AFTER 14 days have passed after that click/order.

Yup... I'm in the same boat.

im hoping i get the 17.50 that it reported. some people said that cause of fatwallet see's the purchase under 50 dollars they revert the cash back to only 5 bucks :(

mmm can't wait for it come in friday, i have lots of fun stuff planned for it.

Only for the pre-Elite phones (Triumph, Optimus V, Intercept). Elite is borderline (not officially supported, but due to VM playing nice on the Elite, it seems to work unoffically). Newer phones will insist on the $35 plan. I haven't seen anyone get around this on howardforums, FW, etc legally (ignoring ESN hacking - you can get anything on there with a donor phone but it's not legit).

Eh, what? I got my Optimus V on black friday last year, and activated it over the weekend. The cheapest BT plan I've ever had an option to get is $35. And I'd been on a PayLo phone and plan for years already by that point.

Last edited:
yay, apparently fedex is early receiving my package so i'll be getting it today, instead of friday. :)

Eh, what? I got my Optimus V on black friday last year, and activated it over the weekend. The cheapest BT plan I've ever had an option to get is $35. And I'd been on a PayLo phone and plan for years already by that point.

The $25 plan went to $35 I think on May 1, 2012. For the 300 min/data/text plan. I dunno why you were paying $35 a month unless you were on the 1200 minute plan...?

I've been on the $25 plan since the summer of 2011 on my Optimus V since summer 2011.

so the one v has a super lcd 2 panel on it.. what is that like IPS? I like the resolution better than my elite that's for sure.

looks like if you (I) haven't gotten the Fat Wallet Cash Back, you (I) won't be...

We WANT this to work for you but the bottom line is this:
If we do not get paid by the merchant for any reason, we do not pay you.

guessing it's because I use adblockplus

damn it.

Very nice deal. Just going to throw this out there but i have been using the triumph since it launched with no problems.

Very nice deal. Just going to throw this out there but i have been using the triumph since it launched with no problems.
I too have been using a Triumph for the past year. Got mine last BF for $160 or less.

It is worlds better than my previous Samsung Intercept. That this was the worst POS ever!#$@$#@$#@$#@

The Triumph is better, but still has many issues. GPS is S-L-O-W, 3G speeds suck (most likly my area, Los Angeles.. all of SoCal), reboots when locked up, sluggish with too many apps running, lock screen goes on a fit. Might take 10 tries to unlock.

Seems to be the normal issues Triumph users face.

wow, the screen on this phone is pretty damn good for a prepaid. It's so crisp and clear compared to my lg optimus elite. No dead pixels on my phone, she's a keeper. I'm so happy that this phone has a 800x480 resolution compared to the shitty 480x320 resolution the lg optimus elite has. It feels kinda sluggish but there's a bunch of crap stuff on the phone. Going to start flashing when i have some free time.

I too have been using a Triumph for the past year. Got mine last BF for $160 or less.

It is worlds better than my previous Samsung Intercept. That this was the worst POS ever!#$@$#@$#@$#@

The Triumph is better, but still has many issues. GPS is S-L-O-W, 3G speeds suck (most likly my area, Los Angeles.. all of SoCal), reboots when locked up, sluggish with too many apps running, lock screen goes on a fit. Might take 10 tries to unlock.

Seems to be the normal issues Triumph users face.

My biggest problem is the stupid sliding back with no lock.

The $25 plan went to $35 I think on May 1, 2012. For the 300 min/data/text plan.

I'll say it again. I've never had an option to pay anything less than $35 for the 300min plan.

I don't even have that button to show more plans.

EDIT. Ok, that thread says it's officially removed. but I know I've checked multiple times since getting my phone and the $25 plan was NEVER there. Grrrrrr.

Anyway, my phone shipped today. Yay!

Okey doks, I have unlocked the bootloader and successfully rooted the device. Now, just have to load up the jellybean kernel + flash rom and we'll have jelly beanz ...mmm i can almost taste the sweetness

My mom got one of these. Great phone for $50.

She still wants a Galaxy S3 but doesn't want a monthly contract :p

FYI for those that got in on this deal:

Fatwallet has a post in the Hot Deals forum
where you can score pre-paid cards for VM.

$60 card for $43 off Ebay. Makes monthly service
on their cheapest $35/mo plan only $25/mo if you buy
enough to top up an entire year.

That I would call pretty damn smokin hot to me. Cell phone
plans are a huge ripoff, and anything I can do to save a nickel
makes me happy

heads up, if you have this phone and plan on flashing roms and such, don't grab the stock OTA update! It'll update the radio on your phone, which is bad because any rom + kernel you use will continuously reboot. I found out the hard way because some crap guide i was following suggested doing an OTA before unlocking the bootloader and getting into flashing...

heads up, if you have this phone and plan on flashing roms and such, don't grab the stock OTA update! It'll update the radio on your phone, which is bad because any rom + kernel you use will continuously reboot. I found out the hard way because some crap guide i was following suggested doing an OTA before unlocking the bootloader and getting into flashing...

Thanks.

How's the state of CM7/9/10 etc on this phone?

The HTC Evo 4G doesn't have really solid CM yet (although it has some solid stock-based ROMs like Harmonia which is what I put on the wife's phone). The Elite doesn't have solid CM either.

Haven't really looked into CM7; however CM9 and CM10 are looking good. There's CM10 nightlies with a few things not working like bluetooth and camcorder. But some people said they've got it working using sick kernel. I only recently put AOKP JB and CM10 JB on it my phone so far. AOKP wouldn't boot for some reason; however, i was using a nightly and not a stable build. Still the development side for the HTC One V is so much better than Elite in my opinion.

I'd hardly call having Bluetooth and the camera broken 'looking good' - but yeah CM9/10 are out there.

Personally I'd just leave the phone with the stock ROM and just root it and maybe flash a custom kernel (although there are only a couple out there).

As-is the phone is quite peppy for a single core device... HTC did a good job of trimming the bloat for Sense 4. There's always room for improvement but I personally don't believe the CM9 and CM10 ports out there are ready for daily driver status.

looks like if you (I) haven't gotten the Fat Wallet Cash Back, you (I) won't be...

guessing it's because I use adblockplus

damn it.

For what it's worth, I submitted a ticket along with a screenshot yesterday of my order info from VM (as I mentioned a few posts up you had to WAIT at least two weeks until you could submit a ticket). I had an email this morning from FatWallet saying they matched up enough my information and based on that they're approving the cashback.

Just checked in my account, it's there. Unfortunately it's only for $5, not the $22.50 or whatever. But it's better than $0.

My mom got one of these. Great phone for $50.

She still wants a Galaxy S3 but doesn't want a monthly contract :p

you can get the S3 from cricket without a contract if they are in your area, but its more expensive than virgin.. the phone is $330 and the unlimited monthly plan is ~$50

says my 17.50 cashback is available now, just started the request to transfer to paypal account. we'll see how much i actually get back.

you can get the S3 from cricket without a contract if they are in your area, but its more expensive than virgin.. the phone is $330 and the unlimited monthly plan is ~$50

I'm tempted to switch to MetroPCS just for the S3, but they still want $499 for the phone. :\

And their cheapest plan ($40/mo) only comes with 250MB on 4G before you're knocked back to 3G speeds.

Back