Virgin back to Android phones!

Gomar

Limp Gawd
Looks like Virgin learned their lesson by shutting out Android phones, going all iPhone...
and voila, they are back to offering Android phones with plans again!

https://prepaidmobilephonereviews.com/virgin-mobile-usa-starts-offering-android-phones-again/

Best Buy is again selling Virgin planned phones, new ones at that.
Same plans I see as before, $35 for 5gb, $45 for 10gb. I got rid of my Virgin plan and phone as I
was disgusted by their slap in the face by going all iphone, but am willing to give them another try
now that their is the best value pricing.
Even beats Simple Mobile pre-paid plans. I guess Sprint reverted back to old Virgin realizing going all iPhone is bad biz practice.

Looks like Virgin learned their lesson by shutting out Android phones, going all iPhone...
and voila, they are back to offering Android phones with plans again!

https://prepaidmobilephonereviews.com/virgin-mobile-usa-starts-offering-android-phones-again/

Best Buy is again selling Virgin planned phones, new ones at that.
Same plans I see as before, $35 for 5gb, $45 for 10gb. I got rid of my Virgin plan and phone as I
was disgusted by their slap in the face by going all iphone, but am willing to give them another try
now that their is the best value pricing.
Even beats Simple Mobile pre-paid plans. I guess Sprint reverted back to old Virgin realizing going all iPhone is bad biz practice.

I wouldn't call it a slap in the face, just an odd decision. Yeah, many Americans buy iPhones, but could you sustain a carrier based solely on iPhones? Probably not. It's a bit like Google Fi, which is great on a basic level but inherently limited by the lack of device options.

Verizon is doing the same thing with their Visible MVNO. Androids "eventually", but only iPhones for now.

Personally, I don't know why anyone would go with a Sprint based MVNO. For the same price you could get a similar plan from one of the other three carriers.

I don't know why anyone would willingly use Sprint when you can get a $35 5GB plan with AT&T (Cricket) or Verizon (Total Wireless). $45 10GB plans are available on all carriers through Straight Talk. $25 10GB plan on Mint Mobile (T-mobile) if you buy a year in advance. There is really no reason at all to use Virgin Mobile.

Heck, Xfinity Mobile (Verizon's network) if you're an Xfinity customer is probably the best deal there is right now.

With us finally getting carrier supported dual SIM phones in America, I might just drop TMo for Xfinity Mobile. Number 1 reason I'm keeping TMo for now is international data and text roaming.

Last edited:
My only issue with Xfinity Mobile is that you're deprioritized pretty badly, and your video streaming is limited to SD.

Back