Vipre Enterprise

Been using the consumer version for more than a year now on my home stuff. Seems to catch the nasties and doesn't use a lot of system resources. It's been reviewed on zdnet and a couple of other places. Also apparently rated pretty well by some independent rating lab (can't remember which one).

I like it, but I agree that it would be more reassuring to see it more widely reviewed.

Sunbelt took over Kerio's firewall, which was one of, if not the best software firewall for XP. They've been putting out an AV for the past few years and it's supposed to be good and lightweight, but yeah, without reviews, I'm hesitant to install it as well.

They actually gave away one year licenses last month to everyone who followed them on twitter. I have a key, but no intention of using it.

One product that uses the engine from Vipre is Shavlik. Google it if you want. Its what we use for patch management at the company I work at. From what I've heard its worked pretty good for them.

Vipre has been around for a while....it hasn't gotten a strong foothold in the US market yet..but with the explosion in popularity of Zenith managed services product (much like Kaseya)...it comes bundled with Vipre and is becoming more well known.

The parent company is Sunbelt Software..which has had some good products in the antimalware market....Counterspy, Kerio firewall, etc.

I must admit, odd that AV-Comparatives hasn't pulled them into their regular reviews yet.

Back