Viewsonic VX2035wm EDID

XboxodX

Gawd
Hey guys, I really need your help here. If anybody who has this monitor could extract their DVI EDID and send it to me, that would be great. Please make sure the EDID isn't actually corrupt. Thanks!

Why do you need it? (Just curious.)

Wikipedia says (for other readers):
"Extended display identification data (EDID) is a data structure provided by a computer display to describe its capabilities to a graphics card. It is what enables a modern personal computer to know what kind of monitor is connected. EDID is defined by a standard published by the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). The EDID includes manufacturer name, product type, phosphor or filter type, timings supported by the display, display size, luminance data and (for digital displays only) pixel mapping data."

Because my old Nvidia card corrupted my DVI EDID and my DVI port on my monitor wont work with my 4870.

Is this really possible? I hear something like this for the first time.

I'm having the exact same issue. If anyone caould email that EDID to me for the Viewsonic vx2035wm I would so appreciate it.

garybetaATgmail.com

Try running the generic pnp monitor driver (if you are not already). I had a guy that had this issue (Viewsonic by the way). I wrote him a band new DVI EDID, used power strip to force it up and still issues. Viewsonic replaced the monitor (viewsonic quality and support has gone way, way done over the years IMO). Still nothing but problems, no high resolutions, sometimes the screen would blank out...The only thing that worked was using the generic pnp monitor driver. Everything worked after that, and that was in March, and he is still working.

I think it is a viewsonic problem more than an Nvidia problem, as most people with this issue seem to run viewsonic (although not always).

Have you guys tried the VGA-DVI switch trick? Power up the monitor connected to the VGA and DVI outs both. Once fully powered up, power the machine back down, disconnect the monitor from the power outlet for ~30 seconds, and boot up with only the DVI input connected. Should work.. helped me fix my 2025wm.

If anybody could help me. Please. I've tried and tried. I have a ViewSonic VX2035WM that will only work with the Analog cable. It will not work via the DVI cable at all. Please help me today, please, somebody. :)

Thanks in advance.

PS...My video card is a Nvidia 8800 GT OC

Sorry to bring up an old thread. I pick up this monitor from a thrift store and I am certain that its DVI EDID is corrupted. Is there a way for me that fix that?

AirCool,

Did you have any luck. I'm in the same situation. EDID copy would be appreciated.

Apologies for reviving an old thread. This site seem like the best source for this issue.

Thanks

Back