Viewsonic VX2025wm arrived! First impressions and pics

When I get my new one from viewsonic I will post up my serial numbers from both my old and new one. Maybe we can figure out if there is some revision or something. I am thinking I will get one of the newest ones since it will be right from the new shippment to viewsonic. I dunno I think this is a great monitor if you get one with no issues though I wish I didn't have the problems obviously. I plan on wall mounting mine on an arm as I am in the process of building a new computer room right now. Should be a sweet setup.

Sorry for buddingin but i have the vx922, these pictures im looking @ these pics with the backlighting issues, and my moniter doesnt have the corner's lit up like youre guys's monitor's but my top looks like this this picture the middle and top of his screen it doesnt go as far down but it looks like that. I can see it @ all angels and the screen up there is really hot.

Is this normal ?

leftanle9bh.jpg

Sorry to hear of the troubles some seem to be having with this display (VX2025wm). I bought ours in late March, and it has been one of the best monitors I have ever purchased. No DVI issues, have been able to configure most games for it and they play great, no dead or stuck pixels, the colors are vivid and the anti-glare coating is not intrusive.

This thread was instrumental in my making the decision to buy this, and Coldtronius has my appreciation for starting this very informative thread. I consider the purchase of the display to be money well spent. Now if I could just get my wife off the computer it is attached to. Since installing it, she has been glued to the system...lol

I went from a Sony CPD-G500 21" CRT (@1600x1200) to this, and it was worth losing a bit of height (150 pix) to gain the width. Nothing beats side by side apps and widescreen gaming! My system is a bit old (P4P800E Deluxe, P4-2.8E/800 HT-CPU, 256 Mb Ati 9800XT (a real one, not the chinese knock offs), or I would have gone for a 24" screen. This one fits my system perfectly, IMO.

I have the Sony as a secondary monitor, but I have yet to use it since getting this...

Does anyone know if the 7900GT scaling issues have been fixed yet?

Or if the scaling works with an X1800XT?

My 6600GT is starting to show its age, but I don't want to upgrade to something that won't be able to scale 4:3 resolutions properly.

In response to my previous post about the DVI input going tits up on my VX2025wm. That is now not the case. I just tested the LCD on a separate computer running a 7800GT with a single link DVI (the one supplied with the VX2025wm) and I was able to get an image. Currently using D-SUB still on my computer. Ive got a 7900GTX and Im using the DVI adapter EVGA supplied. Haven't tried a straight-up DVI cable yet to see. Its pretty odd whats going on. Before I tested the LCD on a different machine. On mine I was getting no signal with the dual-link DVI. That was the cable I was using when the problems first began. Testing with the single link, still no signal from the video card. Still trying to find the root cause here. :eek:

great review. just ordered one from newegg for $309. should be here before thursday. woo hoo. (please no dead pixels)

I run dual mode monitors FW900 CRT + Viewsonic 2025wm LCD. I believe that after the last time I disconnected my pc case from everything to add new hardware I probably put the monitors back on the opposite DVI ports than the one they had been on. From that point forward, the viewsonic would not display on the dvi port.

I fixed it the same way Jester and others did. I unplugged the LCD and moved it over to a different computer. It came on right away. For some reason this seems to "clear" the input and it works fine on the original computer now.

I just purchased one from Newegg, will post back with impressions when it gets here (Weds. hopefully :D ).

Well I just got my monitor yestarday and set it up. I am having trouble with the colours at the moment trying to achieve what I had on my Fe991sb.

But I got one big problem that I am currently looking for a fix and wondering if anyone has had the same problem. Sometimes, not constently I will get these scanline type things on the monitor. They will only be in a little area at a time about 3cm by 1cm. Its always there when I log onto windows over my display icon. I also notice it on gamspot all the time, and other times it will just appear. I really have no idea what it is. I tried a newer driver and that didnt do anything. It doesnt appear on my CRT so I am positive it has something to do with the monitor. I have it plugged into DVI right now. I will try changing around the connections and report back.

This is my first LCD monitor, but im sure once I have got the colours and fixed my little problem I will be happy with it.

Out of the box the colors and brightness looked fine to me. I came from a 17" CRT (15.5 viewable)

Well I seemed to have fixed my scanline/pixel flickering type problem. First I tried forcing some new refresh rates in the Nvidia control panel but that didnt help because I couldnt get past 60. To be honest I didnt expect it to go past 60 but it was worth a try. Second I switched from Digital to Analog and the problem disappeared. Although I wasnt happy running my brand new monitor with Analog even if it meant I could run at 75 hertz instead of 60. In the end all I had to do was switch the DVI connector over to the other connection on the 6800 ultra and the problem went away. Kinda silly if you ask me because the convertor I used to convert the Digital to Analog (supplied with the videocard) I plugged into the same port as the one that was having the problems, if that makes any sense at all. I dont understand why I would not have still had the problems on the Analog connection.

I am planning on buying a second vx2025wm for dual screen because running this monitor along with my FE991sb isnt the best looking thing to have on your desk.

Overall im happy with the purchase though, the biggest problem is I am not confident my colours are correct. On the FE991sb my steam tabs (store, my games, my media and tools) are more green but on vx2025wm it is grey. Just wondering what colour it is on someone elses monitor if they can check for me. Also with gamespot the background is more greyish on my vx2025wm but on my FE991sb its more greenish. I ran the WiziWYG and wasnt too happy with the results. Anyways I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what colours they are getting in Steam and Gamespot so that I can check it out with mine.

Edit: Forgot to mention I have no dead pixels.

Hey all,
Just to let you all know I ordered mine from the egg about a month ago and I have still yet to see a picture on it.
My first unit didnt get a picture with either DVI or Analog (tried on 3 computers with 3 different DVI cables).
So I called them up and I gotta say that the support (besides waiting on line) was pleasant. Not as good as Antecs bc they have the best lol.
So I just got the monitor back (they swapped it for another one) and guess what....The same problem....
Do they even check if they are sending me a good monitor or just throw one in a box and ship it?
So I called back up and told the support guy what was wrong....I was put on hold for another 5 min. and they said they would send me a new one.
So I am hoping that this one will work (third time is a charm right lol).
I currently have a Dell with a built in Intel GPU (crap machine) and a 7800GT and a X800.
None of them work so obv. it aint a Nvidia issue.
Any fixes to this or just dont even bother and send it back right away?
Thanks all.

Well I also got a prob in my VX2025...

Everytime I switched from example frozen throne game to a window let's say an excel file, the monitor just turns off and on and it will be like that forever... and I have to restart my PC to have it to normal.. after a while it will be like that again..

I tried it by using a DVI and VGA cable.. it never occur whenever i'm using a vga cable.. but I can tell you that I can't live using the VGA cable because the picture isn't nice..

can someone help me to isolate the prob? can it be really my LCD or just my videocard?

here's my spec:

Intel 2.8 lga775
Inno3d 6600
1gig of ram.

thanks and more power!

Just bought it because of this thread and a 160$ rebates at Bestbuy.ca. :D

130$ rebate and minus 30$ with a coupon = 339$ CAD or 301$ USD.
Total (with stupid ~15% taxes) came in to 387$ CAD or 344$ USD, how's that deal ?

I chose the in store pickup so I should get the confirmation email soon and will be able to go pick it up right after work. :D

U HAX0R said:

Total (with stupid ~15% taxes) came in to 387$ CAD or 344$ USD, how's that deal ?

I chose the in store pickup so I should get the confirmation email soon and will be able to go pick it up right after work. :D

Where'd you find the coupon?????

Just came back from BestBuy with it ...

DAMN IT OWNS!!!!!!!!! It's so big! :eek: :D

Seriously, picture quality is just awesome. HL2 look so good. :D

I'll take it over my dual 17" CRTs anyday.

I finally got my VX2025wm and now I'm not so sure about it. The size is great the widescreen aspect is great. But the anti-glare coating is really bugging me as is the blacklevel.
Anyone that has had one for a decent time tell me did you get used to the anti-glare coating being sparkley?
I also had to do some major color adjustments to get a decent picture but i was expecting that.

teaken said:
I finally got my VX2025wm and now I'm not so sure about it. The size is great the widescreen aspect is great. But the anti-glare coating is really bugging me as is the blacklevel.
Anyone that has had one for a decent time tell me did you get used to the anti-glare coating being sparkley?
I also had to do some major color adjustments to get a decent picture but i was expecting that.

What are your settings at, I have been messing around with mine for a couple days now and I am still not completely happy with the colour I am at right now.

adobegammaeo5.png

This is my current adobe camma color settings. But I'm changing them all the time to try and find something I'm happy with. The main issue seems to be the red level, it's always lower that the blue or green. I think I went to far with the red that time I'm going to put it back up a bit soon.

teaken said:

I was bothered by the antiglare coating when I first took the monitor out of the box too, but I got used to it within a week. I can't see the coating unless I look for it now.

My current color settings are Red: 100 Green: 96 Blue: 94 Contrast: 60 Brightness: 40 on a 7600 GT. This most likely isn't perfect, but I'm completely satisfied with the image right now.

U HAX0R said:

I'm buying that. Time to replace bloody 7 year old CRT hahaha. Did it come with a DVI cable?

KevC said:
I'm buying that. Time to replace bloody 7 year old CRT hahaha. Did it come with a DVI cable?

Haha, you'll love it coming from a 7 years old CRT for sure.

Yup. DVI / VGA / Power cables.

bought 2 of these guys. 1 of them had a flickering issue. even when not connected to the video card at all, just power!

RMA with newegg was a hassle this time (surprisingly).

Took them a week to process, RMA for Replacement was turned into an RMA for Refund without my knowledge because they were out of stock when they received the lcd. so i was told to basically order it all over again with free upgraded overnight shipping.

which really doesnt make a difference to me, as i live very close to their warehouse.
kinda sucks newegg, i did an rma for a heatsink, that took 1 day!

Scaling DOES NOT work with my 7600 GT. Using the second DVI port, if I select any option other than monitor scaling, I get an "Out of Range" message. Using the first DVI port, I can select centered output, but if I change the resolution to anything other than 1680x1050, I'll get an "Out of Range" message. This is a Gigabyte Silent-Pipe II 7600 GT.

This sucks, is there anything I can do?

I just got mine from Newegg, loving it so far. My only issue is there appears to be a very small hair between the anti-glare coating and the actual screen. This is on the left side of the monitor, about an inch from the edge in the center (about a mm in size). I am wary of RMA'ing it to the egg because my monitor appears to have no backlighting issues and no dead pixels. It also appears I will have to either lie and say mine has 8 dead pixels or more, or go through the manufacturer. They changed their RMA policy on large LCD's it appears.

I am tempted to just call them up and get an RMA number instead of going through the automated process, which won't even let me get one - just points me to the manufacturer.

I use dual monitors. One is a crt, one is the 2025wm lcd. I rebuilt my pc into a different case last night, so I had to unplug everything. When I plugged everything back in, the viewsonic 2025wm had 'no signal' again. It kept no signal no matter which dvi port I put it in, even when I removed the crt monitor from the video card altogether, and after several shutdowns and reboots.
It did this the last time I disconnected both monitors, but that time I had forgotten which port had which monitor and so I thought plugging them into the wrong ports must have done it for some reason. This time I am pretty sure that I plugged them back into the same dvi ports that they were in before I disconnected them. At one point I wondered if the higher resolution and refresh rate that the crt was set to was being fed to the lcd monitor when I reconnected it - causing no signal since it would be out of range, but I doubt that since the low resoluton bios/post screens don't show up while the computer boots.

It is fixable but it is annoying to have to disconnect the entire monitor and bring it over to another pc's desk, shut-down that pc, disconnect that pc's monitor and plug the viewsonic lcd into it, wait for reboot, then it shut down and go through all the steps to get both pcs set back up with their respective displays. It also risks scratching or otherwise damaging the monitor every time I have to move it.

My new case is a portable case that I bought so that I could bring my pc with me. If the viewsonic is going to get stuck in 'no signal' mode every time I disconnect it from my main desk's dual monitors I might have to get rid of it. The worst part about it is that it will not clear itself on the same computer/video card. I have to bring it to a different computer/video card for it to initialize again. Maybe there should be a 'clear' button on the monitor itself.

I didn't drag it to my other pc since it happened last night, so when I get home I'll try unplugging the power for a few minutes to see if that will clear it. Turning it off via the power button, swapping ports, rebooting, etc. definitely does not clear it. I'll also try plugging the crt in so that I can change the resolution to 1680 x 1050 @ 60Hz and remove the crt from the device manager, shutdown, swap monitors and boot up to see if I can get out of 'no signal' prison that way.

:mad:

themulf said:
Im currently using the 2025, and I really enjoy it. Using it with my 7900GT (XTX), but I cant figure out how to get standard ratio games to not strech.

Play with those settings. I think you want the "centered output" or "fixed aspect ratio".

U HAX0R said:
Play with those settings. I think you want the "centered output" or "fixed aspect ratio".

Those won't work yet with the VX2025WM and the 7900 series cards. We're waiting on a driver fix from nvidia.

Well shit. Not only does my monitor have a hair stuck between the anti-glare and the monitor itself, but when I initially turn on my monitor (at bootup) it has severe problems displaying any color that is grey. It seems to go away but it takes longer to go away after every cool down period (overnight for example). I am on the phone with the egg right now getting a RMA number, I just hope my next one doesn't have any problems :( .

Backslash said:
Scaling DOES NOT work with my 7600 GT. Using the second DVI port, if I select any option other than monitor scaling, I get an "Out of Range" message. Using the first DVI port, I can select centered output, but if I change the resolution to anything other than 1680x1050, I'll get an "Out of Range" message. This is a Gigabyte Silent-Pipe II 7600 GT.

This sucks, is there anything I can do?

Blue Falcon said:
Those won't work yet with the VX2025WM and the 7900 series cards. We're waiting on a driver fix from nvidia.

And this is why I'm still using my 6600GT...

Any word on scaling with X1800 or X1900 cards? I'm in need of an upgrade. :(

Update about the recurrence of the 'no signal' on reconnecting the monitor. I'm not sure which did but I did the following:

- Shut down pc, turned off and disconnected the viewsonic LCD, and unplugged the LCD's power cord for awhile.

- I plugged in my CRT by itself, booted the pc and turned the rez to 1600 x 1024 @ 60HZ

- Shut down the pc, removed the crt's cable from the pc, plugged the viewsonic back into the other dvi port, rebooted the pc.

The LCD then worked. I don't know if unplugging its power for awhile did it or setting the CRT's resolution and refresh within the LCD's did. If it happens again when I start toting my portable pc case with me places, I'll test the power alone first.

Kindof annoying but at least I now know that I don't have to plug the monitor into a different pc to get it to work if it gets stuck in "no signal" mode again.

So today my friend brought his computer over for me to work on it. My PC was not doing anything important so I shut it down and hooked up my 2025WM via DVI up to his 9250 (which has DVI and VGA) and it didn't work. Tried VGA and that didn't work. I forgot he had it on onboard video so thats why it wasnt working. So I take it down to my old 19'' VGA LCD and after changes in the BIOS the 9250 is working fine in VGA so I did what I needed to do.

I came back to my computer and tried to hookup the 2025WM back to my x1900XT via DVI. No dice, tried the other DVI port and nothing. Tried VGA with adapter and that worked fine. I called viewsonic and she put me through hoops doing these strang things of pluggin in my VGA then removing it quickly and hoping it would switch to DVI, anyways after 1hr of trouble shooting with this woman it did not work so shes sending me a new DVI cable. I did some reading and I remembered that this is a common problem so I took it back to my store (after 30 days but the guy was nice as he has this LCD and knew of the problem) and he gave me a new LCD and found that he problem was with the DVI port on the LCD not the DVI cable. Long story short I have no idea what happened but I am another victom of the dying DVI.

This does have an upside, the new LCD I got has no black light bleeding whatsoever and like my other LCD has no dead pixels. So neededless to say for 3 hours of agrivation I got a LCD with no backlight bleeding. Worth it? Yes. ;) and I have a free DVI cable comming.

Bruce said:
And this is why I'm still using my 6600GT...

Any word on scaling with X1800 or X1900 cards? I'm in need of an upgrade. :(

So far I'm hearing nothing but good things concerning the VX2025WM and the scaling options with ATI cards. I've even considered switching to an X1900XT myself... although I hate the Catalyst Control Center with a fucking PASSION.

ATI immediately lost a customer in me when they started with the CCC crap.

Back