Viewsonic VX2025wm arrived! First impressions and pics

Bruce said:
Nope, it's not wrong. Most LCD manufacturers have stricter quality control for the international countries.

Oh sure, screw the Americans, they dont mind... Something like that?

Musty said:
ghosting isn't a problem on mine, it's the motion blurring. I can't notice a thing when standing still or moving forward but as soon as i do a fast mouse movement my screen is completely blurred. Is there a program that I can test the response time and compare it with others?

same thing, isn't it?

I have a question for the owners of this LCD. I know this has probly been answered in this thread already, but I dont have time and patience to read 1000+ posts :p . How does this LCD perform at running non native resolutions and non widescreen resolutions with 7900GT? I think the correct term for this is "scaling" but not sure coz I am a total LCD n00b

MrSlacker said:
I have a question for the owners of this LCD. I know this has probly been answered in this thread already, but I dont have time and patience to read 1000+ posts :p . How does this LCD perform at running non native resolutions and non widescreen resolutions with 7900GT? I think the correct term for this is "scaling" but not sure coz I am a total LCD n00b

With a 7900gt, it upscales all non-native resolution. Right now if you select aspect ratio or any other setting in the driver, you get an "signal out of range" message.

wheels2040 said:
With a 7900gt, it upscales all non-native resolution. Right now if you select aspect ratio or any other setting in the driver, you get an "signal out of range" message.
What about in games?

m0unds said:
It works fine with widescreen resolutions, but not 4:3, which is what I'm interested in.

At any rate, the new response from ATI:

our driver does work fine. We have tested this on both the x1900 and x1300. If your monitor display forces a "scale" there is nothing we can do about it at this time.

You can wait for our new driver that may fix the issue.

The assumption I've seen from NV users is that the display scaling algorithm that they use in forceware must be sending a full resolution signal to the display, (1680x1050) and then using its own generated black bars to fill the area around the centered image. I don't know if that's possible, but it sounds like it might be.
so wait, does this mean that on the X1900 series I can display games at 4:3 resolution w/o stretching? if so, i am getting this baby.

tjpark1111 said:
so wait, does this mean that on the X1900 series I can display games at 4:3 resolution w/o stretching? if so, i am getting this baby.
No, it means 4:3 will stretch.

MrGuvernment said:
it didnt stretch for me using my x700 PRO - playing CS:S 1280 x 768 - it centered it perfectly.
You should be playing at 1280x800, just so you know. 1280x768 is 5:3.

But the issue is with 4:3 content (e.g. 1024x768) not displaying with black bars on the sides, but stretching to fill the screen instead.

Widescreen games will be scaled to fill the screen if you run at a lower resolution, but they won't be stretched.

The same store I purchased mine from http://www.microcenter.com just sent out there monthly sales flier and they've lowered the price again.

It's now $299 after $50 instant off and a $50 rebate.

I guess I'll be heading over this weekend to get my extra $50. :eek:

I just bought the monitor today and installed the tweaked Xtreme-G firmware from tweaksrus in hope that it will fix the scaling issue, unfortunately the result was a no go (also tried nvidia's latest forceware driver, got same result, running on 7900GT). Seeing as this monitor is getting quite popular, wonder why it's taking nvidia so long to release a fix. :(

I'll be having mine tomorrow but one proble occurs... I have a low spec video card.. I'ts just Inno3d 6600..

What do you think guys? will it work for 1680x1050?

and for the games I must play... :confused: :(

j3ffry said:
I'll be having mine tomorrow but one proble occurs... I have a low spec video card.. I'ts just Inno3d 6600..

What do you think guys? will it work for 1680x1050?

and for the games I must play... :confused: :(

It will display 1680x1050 no problem, just don't expect your games to run at 1680x1050 with full settings or you will have a very nice slide show.

GIGANTOID said:
The same store I purchased mine from http://www.microcenter.com just sent out there monthly sales flier and they've lowered the price again.

It's now $299 after $50 instant off and a $50 rebate.

I guess I'll be heading over this weekend to get my extra $50. :eek:
must.... resist..... :mad:

Bought this monitor shortly after reading the review here (I think a month or so ago).

Anyways, since that day I have been trying to get the centered timings and any other setting other then "monitor scaling" to work without having the out of range message appearing.
I have tried adding custom timings, and setting them to the desired flat panel setting. although the control panel would now be set to which ever mode I selected, for instance centered, any game run at lower resolutions would still be stretched! :mad:

Just yesterday, I saw some post asking which dvi port was connected and that may have something to do with it.... I initially was skeptical and wondered with a card that can run dual dvi's why would one matter over another???

Well I switched dvi ports on my 7800gt and rebooted my computer and low and behold, I can now select centered, or any other mode and not recieve the out of range message, and most importantly works with desktop resolutions, in game etc etc!!!

(pics where saved quickly as gifs and umm quality sucks)
IMG_0381.gif

IMG_0357resize.gif

IMG_0363resoze.gif

IMG_038dd2.jpg

Nice find Sensile. That might help alot of people out.

I have no probs with using the drivers to set scaling on my 6600GT, but I won't have this card forever. I'm just waiting on a few pieces of hardware to come out before I order parts for a high-end SFF gaming/htpc rig. I'll have to test out which port when I get my new card running.

I am aware that which DVI port is plugged in matters for some things though. I have my lcd tv hooked up to one, and the first time I did this my pc was off. I rebooted I got a black screen on my desktop monitor and I thought I screwed something up until I turned on the tv and switched to digital input. The TV was the primary display and the desktop monitor was recieving no output until I set it as primary in the software or enabled clone or dual-view. lol. :p Every time I update my vid drivers this happens too.

Just tried it on my 7900GT, got same error :( But I did not install the driver came along in the CD, do you have to? I read some users reported DVI problems as a result of installing driver CD.

I am using forceware 84.56 whql (from evga site, I have a 7800gt oc bfg card and nps) my lcd drivers are 1.5.0 dated march 7th 2006.

grr that's bad news about the 7900, as I was looking at geting my gruby hands on 1 in a week :mad:

Has anyone tried portrait mode with one of those replacement stands (or even without stand for testing purposes), using a 7800GTX/7900GTX, GTs? I'm just wondering if there are any problems with that mode on the same cards that can't seem to scale.

I'm also wondering if dual-link dvi ports or lack of have anything to do with the scaling issue? Not all cards have dual-link dvi.

Once I got the right DVI port on my 7800gtx I was able to successfully get 4:3 centered etc.

All and all I am extremly impressed with this monitor, good colors, no noticable ghosting.

Maybe I missed it, but which DVI port is it? Or isnt the same on all cards (i.e. always the bottom one)?

Thanks for this thread, I decided to upgrade from my Hyundai L90D+ 19" 4:3 and go widescreen!

My VX2025WM arrives Monday from newegg! :D

Just a heads up --- Officemax has the ~ 399 - $50 mail-in deal going again, at least at my local officemax had it today... $349 after mail-in rebate.

elvn said:
Just a heads up --- Officemax has the ~ 399 - $50 mail-in deal going again, at least at my local officemax had it today... $349 after mail-in rebate.

Newegg has it for $329.99 + $13.61 3-day shipping. Not too shabby especially if you don't want to deal with rebates. Only downside is Newegg has a shitty dead pixel policy...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116381

But then again if you have an officemax close by you can get instant gratification. :D

True enough, and it would be handy as heck to be able to return it easily if you don't want to keep it. Walk in returns > online. :)

Just be aware .. I think their (officemax) return policy is only 13 days so test it out asap.

Blue Falcon said:
Newegg has it for $329.99 + $13.61 3-day shipping. Not too shabby especially if you don't want to deal with rebates. Only downside is Newegg has a shitty dead pixel policy...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116381

But then again if you have an officemax close by you can get instant gratification. :D

If you wanted to be sneaky about it...you could buy it from newegg...and if it had dead pixels...go buy 1 from anywhere else and put the monitor you bought from newegg in box and return it...not that I recommend doing that but it could be done..

Just bought a refurbished came.. like new no dead pixals or any of that looks great! Only 263$!!!

grinchy said:
If you wanted to be sneaky about it...you could buy it from newegg...and if it had dead pixels...go buy 1 from anywhere else and put the monitor you bought from newegg in box and return it...not that I recommend doing that but it could be done..

You'd have to find a place that'll refund your money instead of giving you a new monitor, though.

Well I ordered my vx2025wm yesterday and it should arrive monday, thanks to this thread I took the plunge after originally looking at the Dell 2007fpw.

A couple of questions:

How well do is it handle Photoshop editing? Any tips to adjust the monitor to get the best color representation?

I'm running a 9800 pro and I haven't seen too many issues throughout this thread with this card, but if there are any please let me know.

Thanks guys.

Off-topic but this new purchase today works well with my viewsonic...

I found a decent cheap knockoff of the more expensive "mesh seat and back with lumbar support and adjustable headrest" chairs at officemax while I was there for $129.98. It has a 1yr warranty which you can extend to 3yr for another $20 if you want. The back also reclines and locks at whatever angle you want.

Pneumatic Ergonomic Task Chair

77772073685A.GIF

I still need to buy the replacement stand for the viewsonic for more adjustability! :D

wraieghaeien said:
Once I got the right DVI port on my 7800gtx I was able to successfully get 4:3 centered etc.

All and all I am extremly impressed with this monitor, good colors, no noticable ghosting.

I hae a 7900 gt. How do you determine which one is the right DVI port?

In case anyone is interested, the MicroCenter ad I read a few days ago had this listed for $299.99 after a $50 MIR.

Does UPS run on Saturdays? UPS says my monitor has departed from its location 2 hours from my house and is in transit to my house. I'm curious if I should expect it tomorrow. ;)

I3eyond said:
Does UPS run on Saturdays? UPS says my monitor has departed from its location 2 hours from my house and is in transit to my house. I'm curious if I should expect it tomorrow. ;)

not unless your store choose weekend delivery.

Back