Viewsonic VX2025wm arrived! First impressions and pics

Got mikne today!! am dam happy with it

Right now running off my Insprion 9100 laptop DVI port, plugged it in - worked perfectly! using Omega 6.3 cat's for the 9700 mobile radeon 9700.

Game scale and center in the screen, didnt have to install any drivers for it!

i love this lcd! i can see a 2nd on in my future once my desktop arrives.

lcd.jpg

:D

I've got white marks on the screen..looks like a problem with the backlight.
At work i'm using Apple Cinema 23" and Philips 200w..there are no problems with those..forexample, in booting screen of winxp, on black, there are several white areas in the screen..is this normal ? if it is normal, can someone explain me why ?

okn said:
I've got white marks on the screen..looks like a problem with the backlight.
At work i'm using Apple Cinema 23" and Philips 200w..there are no problems with those..forexample, in booting screen of winxp, on black, there are several white areas in the screen..is this normal ? if it is normal, can someone explain me why ?
Can you take a pic?

Quakecon - i assume thei web site

As for the White, this viewsonix does seem to have what "appears" as backlighting - but move your head left and right, up and down, and it changes, so it does not seem to really bea backlighting issue - but something else, since it is not a "fixed" bleeding like it is on dells.

i will take pics, once i get photoshop installed.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but a few retailers online and off have $50 rebates making it roughly $350. Watchout cause some palces are requiring you to buy a laptop or desktop but Tiger Direct and Micro Center don't.

Not too shabby.

bruins004 said:
That is incorrect...On the rebate form it says you must purchase it with a system.

Why would anyone pay over $350 even with rebate when it's widely available for under $345 without rebate and with free shipping??????!?!?!?!

(the egg and zzf both have them for this price).

LordBritish said:
So the solution is to use a hacked driver from some foreign website - i don't think so
:rolleyes:

Just trying to throw as much info out there and help the many people that have the scaling problem with the nividia 7 series cards. I'm not claiming this to be the best solution but maybe it will help, you know add something positive to our community. That is what these forums are for aren't they? It would seem you have better information on this issue if so please share.

ScYcS said:
Why would anyone pay over $350 even with rebate when it's widely available for under $345 without rebate and with free shipping??????!?!?!?!

(the egg and zzf both have them for this price).

Mine arrived to day.. $345 with free shipping. :D

noobtech said:
Dude where did you get that awsome desktop pic?

http://www.deviantart.com/view/22206267/

Deviant art has eeverything. Best wallpaper imo.

dR.Jester said:

This alone has made my purchasing decision! :D

Seriously though, I was about to buy a Dell 2007WFP, having waited for the supposed banding fix on it, but I really like the looks of this monitor. Plus I currently have a Viewsonic VP171b, so this keeps the same brand on my desk, but hopefully wont have any stuck pixels (mine has 3). Just have to decide now if I want the $355 version from buy.com or take a chance on dead/stuck pixels at newegg for $335 shipped.

Way back in the thread somewhere, the panel type was discussed, someone mentioned it was an MVA panel, and linked to the UK site for Viewsonic. Can I safely assume they use the same panel here in the USA as they do in the UK? USA site doesnt mention MVA panel that I could see, and I really am curious to know what type I will be getting with this LCD.

Guess I coulda looked in the thread stickied at the top of the forum too ;) Thanks for replying though!

curveball692 said:
Seriously though, I was about to buy a Dell 2007WFP, having waited for the supposed banding fix on it, but I really like the looks of this monitor. Plus I currently have a Viewsonic VP171b, so this keeps the same brand on my desk, but hopefully wont have any stuck pixels (mine has 3). Just have to decide now if I want the $355 version from buy.com or take a chance on dead/stuck pixels at newegg for $335 shipped.
LCD.

So Buy.com allows returning if there are any dead pixels?

curveball692 said:
This alone has made my purchasing decision! :D

Way back in the thread somewhere, the panel type was discussed, someone mentioned it was an MVA panel, and linked to the UK site for Viewsonic. Can I safely assume they use the same panel here in the USA as they do in the UK? USA site doesnt mention MVA panel that I could see, and I really am curious to know what type I will be getting with this LCD.

Check with J&R.

Thats where I bought mine from, even has a $50 MIR. The monitor itself is absolutely beautiful. I'd have to say it looks way better than my old Samsung 930b 19 inch. The Widescreen is a huge plus aswell. Overall, this monitor earns a 10 out 10 in my book. Worth every penny!

*Edit*

Im pretty sure the Viewsonic uses an LG panel.

well I just ordered one of these, i was very close to ordering a 2007fpw but opted for this b/c of the banding issues. Lets hope it turns out OK.

I too was going to order the 2007FPW until I started doing my homework (always pays off). After reading non-stop complaints about the Color Banding I changed my mind. I think Dell has lost out on so many sales because of this. :)

Hoorah for Viewsonic!

Thanks for that walppaper!! :D

Anywhoo, the only thing holding me back from buying this monitor are simply 2 things..

-First its a Widescreen display witch I know that not all games can support but you can "Hack" into the game to make it work ( witch makes the game look amazing ), but I dont want to start editing readme's and having all that trouble I just want it simple put the game install and play no troubles...( questions wondering in my head with no answers is like will I be able to "hack" into UT2007 to make it work nicely and properly what about Spore, BF2142, Quake Wars...:( )

-Seconde is that Dell 2405 are starting to drop prices like crazy last week their was a 200$ rebeate! And am sure that as soon as 2407 come out their is going to be left over 2405 and their going to be for special prices :D! And the dell 2405 is like one of the top monitors to get...

Other then that I dont know what am gonna pick right now, competition is way to hot its driving me crazy. I must of read 100 different reviews about different lcd that came out. End result is one of these's monitors ( the dell 2405 and the ViewsonicVX2025wm ) are the ones for me and my personnal use and needs for them ( nice big resolution, watch tv on it, and game lots!) but I just dont know what to pick right now...

that 2405 is cool, but its just too big for my desk... :eek:

Maybe I need a new desk....

What was the final price of the 2405 after rebate?

2 weeks ago it was about 745$ CAN with shipping and tax.
This week its at 815$ with shipping I think the mater is you wont go over 1000$ CAN witch puts a smile on my face :D

And dude bigger is better, dont tell me its too big its amazing if I hade the money I would go iven better and get the best lcd on the market 3007fpw :cool: !!

Because of this thread, I went to a local CompUSA and picked up this monitor. Very nice image quality. :D

The only problem with the larger Dells is they won't be a good gaming solution because of such high resolutions. But for everything else...filthy amazing. I sort of hate Dell though, anyone have a good method of getting rid of the Dell logo? Or maybe replacing the D with an H.

I'm also still on edge to jump on this viewsonic.

I dropped an air vent grill on my vx2025wm :(

It's ok, there's just a gouge on the top of the monitor - barely visible.

Arghh, sh1t happens.

After trawling through this thread and pondering my decision all weekend I've took the plunge.
I just built my new system and had every intention of pairing it up with a top spec 19" tft screen to replace my Samsung 17"crt.
However the price diffence was only around £40 so I figured I may as well go for this one as surely more and more games in the future will have widescreen modes.
I had a look at many other models such as Belinea, Dell, NEC and Philips but I couldn't really stretch to that extra ££.
It's going to be my first tft screen so am eagerly awaiting trying it out.

Also, how easy would this be to mount on a wall arm/bracket and could someone recommend any cheapish ones in the UK ?
And how long is the supplied DVI cable ?
The machine I just built is an AMDx2 3800, with 2gb of OCZ Gold XTC Dual channel and an XFX 7900gt all running at stock, will this be able to play games in good detail at this resolution ?
Thanks.

TomViolence said:
After trawling through this thread and pondering my decision all weekend I've took the plunge.
I just built my new system and had every intention of pairing it up with a top spec 19" tft screen to replace my Samsung 17"crt.
However the price diffence was only around £40 so I figured I may as well go for this one as surely more and more games in the future will have widescreen modes.
I had a look at many other models such as Belinea, Dell, NEC and Philips but I couldn't really stretch to that extra ££.
It's going to be my first tft screen so am eagerly awaiting trying it out.

let us know if you notice any ghosting..

I3eyond said:
let us know if you notice any ghosting..

Will do but as it's my first tft I'm not sure what some problems will look like. I figure if I don't know what they are then they don't exist
:D
Seriously though, I can always return it under the distance selling regulations if I'm not impressed, just didn't see the sense in paying £230-£240 on a 19" lower res tft.

TomViolence said:
Also, how easy would this be to mount on a wall arm/bracket and could someone recommend any cheapish ones in the UK ?
And how long is the supplied DVI cable ?
The machine I just built is an AMDx2 3800, with 2gb of OCZ Gold XTC Dual channel and an XFX 7900gt all running at stock, will this be able to play games in good detail at this resolution ?
Thanks.

As far as mounting goes, it has standard mounting holes on the back. I've seen a few people have different (and quite impressive) mounts added easily. Now where to find one in the UK, I couldn't tell you. ;)

The supplied DVI cable is about 6' long.

As far as performance goes, you'll be more than fine. Here are my computer specs:

Athlon XP 3000
2GB RAM
BFG GeForce 6800 GS OC

As you can see, my specs are pretty crappy compared to yours, and I have no problem running, say, FEAR or Guild Wars in native resolution with settings near, or at, max. More demanding games like Call of Duty 2 cause me to go down in resolution, but such is life for the poor college student!

You should no problem whatsoever gaming at 1680x1050 on this baby. Heck, if you get the chance, I'd like to hear just how well you run things when you get it all set up.

Here's hoping your DVI port works! :rolleyes:

animasaki said:
As far as mounting goes, it has standard mounting holes on the back. I've seen a few people have different (and quite impressive) mounts added easily. Now where to find one in the UK, I couldn't tell you. ;)

The supplied DVI cable is about 6' long.

As far as performance goes, you'll be more than fine. Here are my computer specs:

Athlon XP 3000
2GB RAM
BFG GeForce 6800 GS OC

As you can see, my specs are pretty crappy compared to yours, and I have no problem running, say, FEAR or Guild Wars in native resolution with settings near, or at, max. More demanding games like Call of Duty 2 cause me to go down in resolution, but such is life for the poor college student!

You should no problem whatsoever gaming at 1680x1050 on this baby. Heck, if you get the chance, I'd like to hear just how well you run things when you get it all set up.

Here's hoping your DVI port works! :rolleyes:

do you notice any ghosting?

How would I go about hooking an Xbox 360 up to the VX2025wm?

I picked up a HDMI to DVI cable from Walmart for $20 on clearance, what else would I need?

I3eyond, I would be dishonest if I said that there was no ghosting. However, I've had great quality CRTs up until this monitor, and honestly, I can't find more than a hint of it. There are plenty of things to think about before buying this monitor (such as the DVI port breaking with nVidia cards), but ghosting, thankfully, isn't one of them.

^^ dido, no ghosting at all here for me, playing most CS:S and DoD 1680x 1050 - all details max no aa or AF - 75mhz refresh and vsync on.

Back