Viewsonic VX2025wm arrived! First impressions and pics

I got mine, and played with it a little. No backlight bleeding that I am aware of, response time is okay. (No where near the speed of my crt tho, buts its okay.)

Games look awsome, well, atleast HL2, havent tried any others yet.

I love it. :)

anakin357 said:
So here's what I'm doing while waiting for it to arrive:
http://isnoop.net/tracking/

shipping.jpg

That website above has an RSS feed for the actual tracking information. I setup a Yahoo! Mobile alert to track the packages' RSS feed and send me a SMS to my phone whenever the RSS feed is updated. So if I'm away from my house and it's delivered, I know within a few minutes. Pretty chic if you ask me.

Hotness!! So...sorry, how? Can I do with MSN?

I have my vx2025wm setup.

My major gripe with the monitor is the horizontal viewing angle.

If you view the monitor from an angle, you'll notice something strange happens to the screen image, the contrast or something changes and it doesn't look good. The image gets washed out.

Anyone else notice that?

Didn't really notice that on mine but I'm really allways sitting in the center view of it. How's your backlighting, LordBritish?

I definitely notice the backlight issue on the corners when the screen is dark.

That's a little annoying.

I guess I can't complain for around $420 with free shipping.

Just got my VX2025 setup.

Glad I didn't go with a 24" because it would simply be too big, the 20" is immersive enough for me when playing video games.

First words... No dead pixels. Seems like most everyone is having good luck so far. This was my biggest fear.

Started up World of Warcraft, ghosting is simply not visible to me. Seems more snappy and jittery when moving camera around.

Started up Kung Fu Hustle, looks brilliant. Definitely capable of playing movies very well.

I can only speak for my screen, but the "backlighting issue" is only noticable when the entire screen is black. When playing back 16:9 content, I simply cannot see it.

All in all, big thumbs up, using Buy.com instead of Newegg for my LCD was simply a no-brainer in my opinion. UPS didn't smash up the box at all. Very pleased.

So none of you guys have a "screen door" effect of graininess on the front of your mons?

So are people NOT reading the previous posts and PICTURES of the supposed backlighting issue? I mean WTF, the guy takes pics to show that that screen is so damn wide that it leaves the appearance of the problem, but the second you move to the left or right, the problem mysteriously VANISHES on that side... if it was a true backlight problem, it would still be there... add to that fact that you dont see this supposed problem in any game you throw at it, i'd say this is a non-issue.

And to people that say the panel sucks viewing it from angles...my god. This thing has so much more angular visibility over any other LCD i've seen. So what if the contrast changes slightly, what LCD does not do this? I took pics of this thing I'll post this weekend and the far side angular shots look great to me, very visible. I'll post and let you decide...

Ghosting? I'm not sure who is seeing this, cause i cant see any. FPS's or WoW look fantastic regardless whats happening on-screen. NO GHOSTS. I can see the flicker in a fluorecent light and the rainbows on DLP's and I see no ghosting anywhere. My eyes and perception are good enough to catch it if i did...
Maybe I'll take some 1/1000 pics to see what if any ghosting is really there.

No dead pixels either! Both Newegg and Buy will require you to take up bad unit issues (dead pixels) with Viewsonic directly. Why Buy.com is a no brainer is beyond me... and screw UPS, this thing ships in its original box and UPS cant seem to understand that a sig should be required before leaving visible bling at people's front door. I ordered from Newegg and got Fedex even though 2 day shipping was more expensive than overnight UPS. Down w/ Brown...

So after one night of running this through its paces, its FANTASTIC! and its HUGE. WoW looks sick as hell and makes your non-WS friends jealous. I'm headed to a LAN party tonight and I'll tell you ahead of time how much I like not heaving a 19" 50lb NEC Multisync CRT around... especially since the picture on this rivals the CRT... At just over $400, anyone still trying to decide on a new LCD should just get this.

I like the cable concealer in back, I like that it powers down quickly w/o a signal. My logitech 5.1 center channel fits perfectly under the front of it within the open base area, menu is nice, buttons are firm and solid, BRIGHT AS NOON! I have a hard time finding fault with this monitor. People complaining need to go back to CRT's...

Sorry to vent but it seems some poeple would have a problem with a free lunch if they got it too... :eek:
This seems to be the best deal in LCD's by far right now...nothing but quality all around.

Mase -- how's it look at 1280x768? That's what I'd run my Xbox 360 at and I'm wondering about how it handles non-native resolutions.

Mase said:
add to that fact that you dont see this supposed problem in any game you throw at it, i'd say this is a non-issue.

I wish that were true, but it is a issue. I can clearly notice it in Fear and any other dark background games. Movies included.

/Edit: I must just be picky I guess.

I have the same instance of "backlight" that coltronius has, as in now you see it, lean a lil bit to a side, and now you don't. Like I said in my post after I bought it, it's really a non issue for me because it's not all that bright.

Picture quality is freakin slick, nice and sharp.

As for how it does at different rez's, I guess I could chock that up as a downside as it's doesn't like to look right at different rez's. I haven't done extensive testing of this though, I.E. check and see how the VGA line does.

And the only time I have noticed the screendoor effect was using the VGA line when I 1st got it going. But I could also attribute that to the quality of the movie I was watching, it wasen't a DVD. And on that note, I have noticed the "quality" of TV caps needs to be upped in the future. Watching the shows at 1280x1024 on my old CRT was good... watching those same caps on this thing shows they are lacking.

Oh yes...
There isn't any information on this out there, but is this monitor HDCP ready?
It'll be a sweet suprise if it is.. :)

I was trying to get that panel off at the back - the one that's supposed to hide the wires but I couldn't pull it off. How do I get that sucker off? I didn't want to break it so I left it alone.

eh, not a big fan of viewsonic LCDs

happy blacklight and contrast, it may have been worth it for the extra cash for the gateway....

HopePoisoned said:

happy blacklight and contrast, it may have been worth it for the extra cash for the gateway....

Troll !!!

The monitor is great for the price - not perfect. But I dont want to spend $700 for something a little better or no better.

LordBritish said:
Troll !!!

The monitor is great for the price - not perfect. But I dont want to spend $700 for something a little better or no better.

no i just didn't have much to say about the [conversation] at hand

LordBritish said:
I was trying to get that panel off at the back - the one that's supposed to hide the wires but I couldn't pull it off. How do I get that sucker off? I didn't want to break it so I left it alone.

To get it off the base, grab the cable guide at the bottom and pull up. Mine snapped out, felt like I broke a tab, but nope! :) I guess you could use a putty knife or jeweler's screwdriver if you want to be more careful.

HopePoisoned said:

Troll indeed. Though, what do you expect from someone who buys "Alienware Select" RAM for their PC. Dell just bought Alienware, so now this guy is just a fan boy in the worst sense of the word.

Played with mine a little. No dead pixels, no backlight bleeding, good response time.

CS:S is sweet on this moniter, response time is not a issue. Got a 2.0 KD ratio, so no problems there. Same as I got on my crt.

F.E.A.R is pretty cool to. Only played the MP demo tho.

Very sweet moniter. I am impressed.

Ive been searching everywhere, and I cant seem to find weither this pannel is 6bit or 8bit. Im guessing its 8bit, and Im about to go grab one if it is... I just havent been able to find the info!

Does anyone know which it is?

Thanks,
-Cameron

TrueChaos said:
Ive been searching everywhere, and I cant seem to find weither this pannel is 6bit or 8bit. Im guessing its 8bit, and Im about to go grab one if it is... I just havent been able to find the info!

Does anyone know which it is?

Thanks,
-Cameron

I've stated this several times but yes, its an 8bit panel.

So... Would you guys recommend this LCD or the Sony/HP FW900 CRT? Both about the same price...

I want to go widescreen and can't decide on a monitor, I currently am using a 19" CRT. :eek:

|MaguS| said:
So... Would you guys recommend this LCD or the Sony/HP FW900 CRT? Both about the same price...

I'm not sure I would buy anything with an HP logo on it, regardless who makes it. I personally hate that company. And come to think of it, how many people do you expect to sell you on the CRT inside an LCD thread? Why anyone would drop good money on a new CRT right now is beyond me... the LCD's available, including this one are just too obvious a choice...IMO.

|MaguS| said:

I want to go widescreen and can't decide on a monitor, I currently am using a 19" CRT. :eek:
Get this moniter. Its worth it. Much better than my old 19" LCD

DigitalEdge said:
Comp USA Has them for $399 after rebate also free shipping for those who need to have it shipped :) Just picked one

Click Here
nice...

The question is:

Is this monitor worth the extra $125 over the sceptre?

Over all I have to say from all the debating on the threat I like the looks of the pics from the monitor. It seems like a good value.

KM

Awesome thread. I sold my L90D+ and im going WS. Picked up the VS 2025WM on techonweb.com for 414$ shipped no rebates.

Gets here friday, cant wait!

Got mine yesterday, couldnt be happier with it. No dead pixels, no noticable ghosting, and only minor backlight bleeding, almost exactly like what the OP posted. Its a wonderful monitor, and at 150$ less than the 2005FPW, It cant be beat.

-Cameron

Back