Viewsonic VP2365-LED: Any happy/unhappy owners of it?

uluvbs

Limp Gawd
I'm most interested in hearing how good/bad the AG coating is.

Thank you.

i have an asus monitor with the same e-ips panel, it's moderately grainy. if you want light ag, the current generation ah-ips panels are a better choice. e.g. the viewsonic vx2370smh, lg ips237l, etc.

Thank you.

This is interesting because Customer Support (for Viewsonic) claims the VX2370 uses a "3H' coating. Perhaps the 3H's differ from machine to machine, but I had assumed this meant it would be a standard antiglare coating.

actually i think i'm mistaken about the vp2365 having a grainier ag coating than the vx2370.

70_kristaleffect_big.jpg

they look about the same.

Ahh, Viewsonic. Like my LSD trip, Never again!
Great monitors. Short lifespan, shitty customer service actions.

Ahh, Viewsonic. Like my LSD trip, Never again!
Great monitors. Short lifespan, shitty customer service actions.

Really? I haven't had any problems at all with their customer support. I haven't dealt with them since the CRT days but back then their customer service was good.

I have 6 ViewSonic LCDs and build quality and lifespans have been excellent.

The only problem I have had with a ViewSonic monitor is a a couple capacitors going out after 7 years of use on one of their LCDs. I replaced those my own and the monitor has been working fine for over a year.

I actually know a lot of people that also have ViewSonic monitors and they have never had problems.

Livefastdieyoung,
Thank you for posting this imagery, but can I ask how accurate this is believed to be?

I ask because so many people rave about how minimal the coating is on Dell's U2713HM, but if you look at those images -- correct me if I'm wrong -- both the VP2365 and VX2370 appear to have a lighter coating than the Dell, no?

I've owned the U2713H as well as the VX2770, the U2713H has a way lighter coating. The U2713HM is supposed to have the same coating as the U2713H, but it has cross-hatching issues. The U2713H's semi-glossy coating is even lighter than the semi-glossy coating found on PLS monitors and is less reflective than my Samsung S27A850D. My PB278Q was also slightly less grainy than my 850D so Samsung may have improved the coating since 2011 (my 850D is from 2011), =DEAD='s image seems to indicate so. Not all of =DEAD='s images are properly focused, so it is best to read what he says for clarification.

http://www.overclockers.ru/images/lab/2013/02/26/1/42_kristaleffect_big.jpg

Last edited:
Really? I haven't had any problems at all with their customer support. I haven't dealt with them since the CRT days but back then their customer service was good.

I have 6 ViewSonic LCDs and build quality and lifespans have been excellent.

The only problem I have had with a ViewSonic monitor is a a couple capacitors going out after 7 years of use on one of their LCDs. I replaced those my own and the monitor has been working fine for over a year.

I actually know a lot of people that also have ViewSonic monitors and they have never had problems.

Ahh, well my experience was quite the opposite. Loved the image quality but after what I went through with them and what they put me through...

Back