ViewSonic VG2401mh: 144hz TN with G-Sync

NCX

Supreme [H]ardness
I will include reviews when they come out.

ViewSonic VG2401mh Product Page

ViewSonic Gaming Page

+8 Bit TN
+Matte Grey Bezel=Deeper perceived blacks vs. the VG248QE's glossy black bezel
+144hz
-Grainy matte coating like the other TN's (Unconfirmed but likely)

ViewSonic's tend to have good color presets and less frivolous Preset modes (BenQ's are usually set to the FPS mode which sucks), though the VG2401 does have a 'Game Mode' which likely lowers the gamma and reduces color vibrancy like BenQ's Black Equalizer.

Last edited:
I will include reviews when they come out.

ViewSonic VG2401mh Product Page

ViewSonic Gaming Page

+TN 6 Bit +FRC (Unconfirmed but likely)
+Matte Grey Bezel=Deeper perceived blacks vs. the VG248QE's glossy black bezel
+G-Sync (120hz)
+144hz
-Grainy matte coating like the other TN's (Unconfirmed but likely)

ViewSonic's tend to have good color presets and less frivolous Preset modes (BenQ's are usually set to the FPS mode which sucks), though the VG2401 does have a 'Game Mode' which likely lowers the gamma and reduces color vibrancy like BenQ's Black Equalizer.

I think you mean ULMB at 120hz. GSYNC would work at 144hz.

Also the product page says
Colour Support 16.7 M (true 8-bit)

Fixed, surprised they are not promoting the fact that it is 8 bit and are hiding that in the specification section.

Will keep an eye on it, I've been very satisfied with my ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz that has really spot-on color balance, out of box it was just tiny tiny purple tinted which was easily fixed with a little adjustment in the RGB menu settings. While BenQ is very interesting to me for their plethora of options I've always had this feeling BenQ's colors are a bit hit and miss, often saturated and high gamma look to appeal to the average joe (more "WOW" look at those intensive colors jumping out!) while I'm more for a modest neutral look. Also matte finish on the plastic is my personal fav, more industrial sturdy feel.

I love that at least we are starting to get 8bit panels (whether it's true 8bit or not I still see it positive that they are getting more common) as a "norm" now almost.

Will also be interesting (not something I would use) to see if the built in crosshairs in this monitor beats the ASUS ones (most likely as they can't get more hideous than those).

Last edited:
I failed, I was looking at the BenQ XL2430G page at the same time...the ViewSonic lacks both G-Sync & 3D+Lightboost support=mega fail unless it costs 200$.

where does it say that the VG2401mh supports G-sync and ULMB?

I think you are right, this seems like a last minute non-GSYNC monitor.

VX2457GML seems to be the G-sync model according to google.

Any more news on this??

Looks like a nice bullshit free gaming monitor in the 24" range.

I forgot about this one, thanks for bumping up lol!

I have a huge feeling this is exactly the same as http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-24GM77-B

But minor cosmetic differences. :p I like the cleaner look of this ViewSonic one, the extra panel on the LG doesn't look so appealing since I will never use it anyway and just get in your FOV.

+1 for using grainy non-matte finish on the whole monitor frame, also behind/sides as opposed to LG that only uses it at front bezel and glossy on rest of the sides/stand.

Last edited:
Yeah could be. Do we have any more information on the panel used? Is it definitely true 8bit as claimed by Viewsonic?

Would like to know too, well alternatively would be cool to know if it's really the same panel as LG since that one is already reviewed and reviewed very favorably.

Thing that might separate them from each other is whether or not the ViewSonic features strobing, can't quite grasp if "ClearMotive II" is ViewSonic's naming of RTC or strobing. If the LG really exclusively features that strobing / 240Hz simulation and the rest appears to be pretty much the same (minus the ViewSonic implementation of crosshairs similar to ROG) then that would be a feature for me that would make me lean towards the LG.

These ViewSonic are widely available in Finland at least for 299€ on several sites including a "free game" promo. So it's roughly the same price as the LG one.

Last edited:
This might be a good monitor for me (even though I'd ideally want G-Sync)... I wanna try it but not sure if I should go Viewsonic or LG.

edit : Viewsonic in stock 5 minute from where I live... guess I'll give it a try in the coming days/weeks. LG model is only available for pre-order in the same place (I can find it online though but not going to bother unless I am certain that it's worth the hassle)

Last edited:
This might be a good monitor for me (even though I'd ideally want G-Sync)... I wanna try it but not sure if I should go Viewsonic or LG.

edit : Viewsonic in stock 5 minute from where I live... guess I'll give it a try in the coming days/weeks. LG model is only available for pre-order in the same place (I can find it online though but not going to bother unless I am certain that it's worth the hassle)

Bump, have you checked it out yet? ^^ Would be cool to get SOME info on this one, seems like it's not recieved barely any attention so far.

After all it has stated true 8-bit panel at least.

Negative, but I'm really hesitating as I see a 24" Acer G-Sync monitor is available for pre-order here too (Acer Predator XB240HAbpr) and it might very well be a true 8 bit panel like the Acer Predator XB270HAbpr released recently. So that would be pretty damn nice...

$399 though and the other Acer monitor lacked some OSD adjustments you expect to have. Was not sure but it could have been sharpness and gamma. :p

Still undecided :p

I'm gonna travel a bit for Christmas (and I'd rather have a comfortable amount of money available to make the best out of it) so I think I will wait till early January instead (after my December pay). The ViewSonic and LG still look very interesting to me because all the G-Sync monitors have some serious issues (or have a too high resolution in the case of the ROG SWIFT) and it's not exactly a mature tech yet.

But boy that smoothness (G-Sync) is amazing and most of the games I play heavily these days run at a mediocre or very fluctuating framerate so it would be a HUGE upgrade for me, I hardly play any game (atm) where I would be able to use a blur reduction functionality (although I gotta say I might want to get back into Quake/UT a bit more seriously with blur free 144hz :D )

One of several monitors I see being discussed around here with no release date that I can determine.

How does color compare to IPS or Swift? Similar to Swift?

Also what of prices? All prices I have seen are currently half that of a single swift :eek:

Let's roll Swifts Buyer's remorse... (more like regret rofl)

Last edited:
How does color compare to IPS or Swift? Similar to Swift?

Also what of prices? All prices I have seen are currently half that of a single swift :eek:

Let's roll Swifts Buyer's remorse... (more like regret rofl)

OP made a mistake, this ISN'T a G-sync monitor. But it's a "true 8bit" panel and offers bunch of gaming oriented features at a highly competitive price which is for example considerably lower than the BenQ XL2420Z here in Finland for example:

Here in Finland this ViewSonic is 299€, BenQ XL2420Z for example over here is 369€ for comparison.

ViewSonic from my experience has been pretty good with Color presets/color balance why it's quite attractive alternative to me besides the perfect minimalistic sturdy industrial looking design of the monitor itself for my taste.

Last edited:
Aha, but still, even if you took the price of a G-Sync module into account, this monitor does sound quite good.

Aha, but still, even if you took the price of a G-Sync module into account, this monitor does sound quite good.

I know, G-sync adds too much extra cost for my taste for me to wanna jump on the wagon, rather take a very advanced non-gsync that offers all the bells n whistles (8-bit panel, highly configurable RTC, flickerfree, input lag lowering feature, on-HUD crosshair support etc) for a rather low asking price for now and jump on freesync alternative when there gets something more "refined" / revised offerings in say 2-3 years or so.

But I simply cannot decide: This ViewSonic or the LG 24GM77 which seems to be the two big contenders for best non-gsync gaming TN monitor for now (if you also care about overall image quality why I'm not sure BenQ fits into the picture) http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-24GM77-B

Therefore I'd really love to hear some image quality comments on the ViewSonic first and I do not want to order both (and I also hate the returning process). :/ My gut feeling tells me ViewSonic will be slightly better in overall picture quality department while LG has strobing which makes it win in terms of motion smoothness. If that would be the case it's a tricky decision. Best would be if ViewSonic one had poor IQ so LG would be a better option. ^^

Last edited:
Back