Viewsonic 37" LCD HDTV $1305 AR shipped

MiXdNuTs

Gawd
I have had my eye on this great LCD TV for a while. It only goes up to 1080i but that is still very good to HDTV and limited computer use. I know there are newer Westinghouse models that can do 1080p, but this one is like $700 cheaper. Similar 37" HDTVs sell at BestBuy for about $1999.

Product LINK.

MFG. LINK.

~$1500 + $105 shipping (varies) = $1605

$1605 - $200 rebate - $100 rebate #1 - $100 rebate #2 = $1205!

I called Viewsonic's rebate department and they specifically told me that you can claim both of the two viewsonic rebates and they are not exclusive. One requires the original UPC and the other needs only a copy but do mail them seperately. The third rebate is from MircoCenter.

I bit.

P.S. For a good laugh, add it to your cart and set the shipping method to next day and look at your updated total. :eek:

MiXdNuTs said:
P.S. For a good laugh, add it to your cart and set the shipping method to next day and look at your updated total. :eek:
Holy $#!^

Hope you're not planning on using that as a full time monitor. The res on that would make everything in windows HUGE.

That's what I paid for my westy 37" that does 1920 x 1080, $1300 dollars.

I would stay a mile away from anything less than 1920 x 1080

SixFootDuo said:
That's what I paid for my westy 37" that does 1920 x 1080, $1300 dollars.

I would stay a mile away from anything less than 1920 x 1080
I hear that. Native 1080P ftw! Unfortunately, the only two brands that I know of offering this size TV in 1080P resolution is Westinghouse and Sceptre.

I have the Westy too, and it looks great from like 2-3 feet away; it's huge, but really crisp (make sure you use the DVI connector that supports 1080p), and you don't have to physically move your head to see things on either side.

If you're going to use a monitor with lower res as your primary PC monitor, it will have to be further away. To each their own, but to me that kind of defeats the purpose of getting a monitor in the "retarded huge" size range.

Plus, buying a monitor now that doesn't support 1080p is kind of shooting yourself in the foot. If you're in the market to buy something new, you might as well get something that's built for the future.

FYI. I ordered this ground shipping, but it was on the truck for delivery the next day....However, now get this, it was 0.6 Lbs more than fedex home will deliver so fedex drove past my neighborhood and took it back to the shipper :mad: I called them and they called fedex and had it rerouted on a fexed business ground truck which will deliver more than 80lbs. I guess that extra half a pound was too much for the home delivery guys. ;) It is now scheduled for next business day :)

I just bought a 46" LCD at work, and you wouldn't really want to use it as a computer monitor because it puts out a lot of heat.

Costco doesn't look as good.

Summary
Subtotal: $1,299.99
Shipping & Handling: $68.06
Non-Member Surcharge: $65.00
Tax: $85.98
Order Total: $1,519.03

Then take $200 off because that is the only rebate from above that will work if you buy from costco and you get $1319.03 AR. Still about $120 more than from microcenter. BTW, my TV is still on a UPS truck traveling around the country. They are still trying to figure out how to get it here :(

Microcenter has terrible rebate returns. I will never go with a microcenter MIR again.

jblue42 said:
Microcenter has terrible rebate returns. I will never go with a microcenter MIR again.

Well I hope they give me mine. I will take them to court over a $100 rebate :)

Back