Viewing entire contents of folder as "List"

Pilky

Gawd
Just built a new system and upon viewing my Mp3 folder all the files and folders within are viewed as Tiles. Right now i just go to view then click list for each folder and its contents manually.

Having quite alot of Mp3's i'd be here for a while doing it this way... is there any quick way to have a folder's contents all viewed as "List"?

TIA

The assumption is you're running XP here sooo...

Just set a folder the way you want it to look (Details, List, etc) then change the Folder Options so all folders will reflect that change. If it doesn't stick, and for folders that have Folder Tasks enabled (Music, Pictures, Videos, etc), it most likely won't so your only real solution becomes disabling Folder Tasks all together and going back to the Classic look.

ps
After posting this I see another assumption is in order: you may not know how to do what I just suggested.

Run Explorer, browse to a folder with content where you just want the List view - just one folder, regardless of content, and change the View to List right then and there. Click Tools - Folder Options - change the Tasks selection to "Use Windows classic folders" if you want to disable that aspect (recommended). If not, click Apply to all folders and then click Apply, then click OK and that should be that.

If you encounter a "stubborn" folder that simply refuses to change, do the same procedure again above but starting off in that troublesome folder to begin with.

Hope this helps...

Oops, yeah im running XP Pro.

I would try what you recommended but would that make all my folders on my computer viewed as "list"?

Im looking to only do this to to one folder and all the folders within it.

Then you gotta do it with each and every subfolder in that root folder, unfortunately. It's all or nothing in that respect. :(

Back