Vietcong/FistAlpha=hard but great.

Bloefield

[H]ard|Gawd
I finally finished the expansion to Vietcong and it was one of the best gaming experiences I've had.
This game has people either loving it or hating it. I loved it.
It got me totally immersed in the atmosphere and I wasn't quitting until I finished both the original and expansion.
Fist Alpha was not optimized any better than the original imo. If anything it was more taxing video wise than Vietcong.
It was much harder too. The latter half of it was nerve wracking, jungle creeping, sneaking up and putting two in the hat of multiple VC and one tiny mistake and the alarm would sound stuff.
I'm not a big stealth fan but this was done very realisticly for jungle warfare. This was my generation's war and it hit home for me.
I had the game for over a year before I actually attempted to play it in earnest. There were a lot of games out when it first was available and I blew it off for long time.
I'm glad I reinstalled it and got through the first stupid[tutorial] mission.
If you have it and never got past the first mission, retry it. You'll be glad you did. If you are thinking about it just get the original for $19.95. Then get the expansion.:)

I was thinking of buying that. The original was a bit tuff, but thats what makes a game good. Thanks for the report I may just go pick that up.

theNoid said

Thanks for the report I may just go pick that up.
No problem Noid.
If you get Fist Alpha let me just say the first 3 or so missions are reatively easy then it turns into a different game! Extremely difficult achieving objectives but oh so rewarding when you do.
One word of advice; don't loose your radioman.
You and your silenced S+W become one.

Originally posted by Bloefield
theNoid said

No problem Noid.
If you get Fist Alpha let me just say the first 3 or so missions are reatively easy then it turns into a different game! Extremely difficult achieving objectives but oh so rewarding when you do.
One word of advice; don't loose your radioman.
You and your silenced S+W become one.

I am gonna have to thank you as well as I will pick this expansion up too.

I liked vietcong alot, the level where you have to rescue the guy from the vietcong cap was awsome. I think I ended up pretty much taking the entire cap out one by one through the shadows without alerting anyone.

I really am not sure why the game got SUCH a bad rap, I mean yeah the voice overs and cinimatics were a bit cheesy but the gameplay was really cool IMO.

Yeah I really like the Vietcong series. Fist Alpha was hard as hell, I will agree. It was a great purchase.

Originally posted by Big Worm
I am gonna have to thank you as well as I will pick this expansion up too.

I liked vietcong alot, the level where you have to rescue the guy from the vietcong cap was awsome. I think I ended up pretty much taking the entire cap out one by one through the shadows without alerting anyone.

I really am not sure why the game got SUCH a bad rap, I mean yeah the voice overs and cinimatics were a bit cheesy but the gameplay was really cool IMO.

i would just play that mission to achieve it in different ways.
i love that game. the jungle setting was great.
the tunnels sucked thou.

Back