videos playing too bright - vid card issue?

silenteye

Limp Gawd
hey its kind of hard to explain but all of my videos have been playing much too brightly (both in quicktime and windows media player)....

when i go into enhancments to try to turn down the brightness, it makes it too dark and doesn't get to a good level of brightness

i'm not sure if this a vid card issue or what the problem is.

it only happens to me with videos, not anything else, games, pictures, and windows all have the right level of contrast
thanks

Does your monitor have any presets for movies. I know alot of LCDs have profiles for different things, and even some have color correction built in that sometimes needs to be toned down.

there should be a video overlay settings in your video card drivers, I actually found mine too bright as well so I went in and toned it a bit down.

i tried both of those and nothing worked

im starting to think its my FFDshow codecs

i wanna get rid of them or something and just use default windows media codecs, just got figure out how to do that

go download klite codec pack, but DON'T install any codec related to FFDSHOW. I don't know why that codec exists, it tries to do everything and in the process fails miserably while being incredibly difficult to configure right.

ok, slade i liked your advice, but it hasn't worked yet

my monitor settings will not fix it

I can only guess its crappy ffshow codecs or something like a driver issue

my videos are just playing too bright darn it (i mean its watchable, but still too bright)

What should I do?

the k-lite ones didnt fix anything
i still can't get rid of ffshow codecs
and its still too bright, help please!

k i uninstalled k lite and reinstalled all the codecs that come with divx

i find that the brightness only happens in Windows Media Player and Quicktime

I have no brightness issues with Winamp, or Divx.

If it persists, try
control panel / accessibility options / display / high contrast

I had a similar problem. Usually, high contrast ratio applies to everything when it is enabled...but for some reason, it only affected my video players. Worth a shot.

Back