Videos Kill Firefox?

Rustynuts

[H]F Junkie
I keep getting crashes of Firefox on sites with embedded videos, like Adobe Flash Player. Other sites with videos like Youtube usually work fine. Any work around to keep this at bay? I'd hate to have to turn off all Flash media.

I've noticed the last update to firefox has been chrashing. Crashed 3 times on me. FIrst time I had any issues with FF crashing since the last few versions of 1.5

Happened to me a few times too. I can't remember what site I was on but some flash video totally fuxxored Firefox on me and it crashed....seemed like a random occurrence but now I'm not really sure. :confused:

I've noticed the last update to firefox has been chrashing. Crashed 3 times on me. FIrst time I had any issues with FF crashing since the last few versions of 1.5

Yeah, I got Fx 3.0.3 on two systems, and on both they just seem to leak memory like crazy to crash after a few days :(

Haven't noticed any odd behavior with FF 3.0.3 so far since its release, but I use Portable Firefox anyway. Same code, just self-contained and "portable," of course. I have the necessary Flash files copied into the plugins subdirs in the portable folder but even so they tend to call the ones in the Windows subdir first and if it can't find them there then it'll pull from the internal directory.

Just crashed again while browsing Yahoo. There's something wrong with it. I havn't had a FF crash in over a year and now I've had 3 or 4 since 3.0.3 came out. There has got to be a memory leak. My firefox is almost at 150MB and I was just sitting at the Yahoo homepage.

Back