Videocardz: review dates for 2080 and 2080Ti

Oh boy. I’d cancel my preorder if I had one but I was waiting for reviews for powerlimit reasons.

I'm hoping to snag an evga 2080Ti at B and H or Microcenter on launch, but I wish I'd just pre-ordered to be honest.

Kyle do you happen to know if that means staggered ship dates as well? Nvidias website said around the 20th.

It makes it extra insane for all the NDA stuff if the card reviews aren't going to be until the cards come out

The 20th now for the 2080Ti? LOL I guess they don't want people cancelling their orders before the cards ship.

That is pretty shady and has me a bit worried.
Reminds me of RTG having NDA on the day of the release, guess we will see how it goes for Nvidia.

The 20th now for the 2080Ti? LOL I guess they don't want people cancelling their orders before the cards ship.

That is pretty shady and has me a bit worried.

Exactly. I wouldn't be worried though, the cards will perform fine, they just aren't worth the asking price. Nvidia is having a have their cake and eat it moment.

Kyle do you happen to know if that means staggered ship dates as well? Nvidias website said around the 20th.

I waited a few days after the release to pre-order the 2080Ti and was given a ship date of c. October 10th. So it seems at least the pre-orders will be first come, first served. Hopefully the reviews will have been wrapped up to some extent before the first/second week of October. Still time to cancel before shipping if need be.

Last edited:
Great that the 2080 reviews will be available prior to ship date. Unfortunate the 2080 TI reviews won't be available until actual ship date, pre-empting preorder cancellations.

That said, there's already been a lot revealed over the past days on performance: 2080 is about in line with 1080 ti; 2080 Ti will be ~30-40% faster than 1080 ti.

Neither are worth the schmeckels they're charging and performance/generation growth is somewhat laughable.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
According to my Nvidia's estimation, my card won't ship until the 20th of October, so I have plenty of time to cancel if the reviews indicate that the 2080Ti is going to fall short.

I ordered mine when it said ships around Sept 20th, so I don't know if that changed or not, I just hope it ships then, I got overnight shipping on the hopes that I see it the 21st.

Back