Videocardz: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 pictured? (now thats different)

Power circuitry is on a separate board based on what we've seen so far. Don't think it's HBM2. You can't get 11GB memory with HBM, as far as I know. 12GB would be three half stacks, and I can't see what that would look like on the interposer. And I can't see them moving to 16GB yet. There is still enough room on a half PCB for GDDR memory.

16GB was the huge draw of the VII. Certain pro workflows were made possible that would just crash on a 2080TI that was 50% more expensive.

If it's even practical or feasible to do so.
Nvidia, AIB partners or third party water block manufacturers will find a way. There's a decent size market for it so the demand is there. They'll probably just have to get creative and the blocks may end up costing more if the manufacturing costs are increased.

One thing I cannot get over is the crappy overall quality and look of the heatsinks. The fins are fuzzy looking, not spaced evenly and just look like crap.
353965_NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3080-heatsink_edit2.png

Not what I would call "Nvidia quality" when it comes to the look. Maybe it's just due to them being prototypes, but these are not what I expect from an Nvidia reference card.

EDIT: Maybe these are not made of metal and are just plastic 3D printed models for purposes of fitment and clearance of PCB components? Would explain why they look like crap. They were 3D printed and glued together.

Last edited:
Who knows, maybe these are 3D printed placeholders for reference manufacturers.

Reactions: Azrak
like this
Which is exactly what I said. Though there seems to be some disagreement about which direction of the top fan is concave.

Not sure how. The concavity of the edge of the blade, follows the concavity of the scoop of the blades, and indicates a clockwise intake fan.

Edit. Image to make it clear, fans rotate in the direction, of the focus of the concave. The fan near the i/o panel rotates counter-clockwise, and is an intake. The concave for the other fan points in the other direction, and thus rotates clockwise, and is also an intake.

View attachment 252434

Though, it does seem odd that if they are both intakes, why not use the same blades and turn in the same direction. Maybe it's a temporary blade set and it really is an exhaust, but so far the blades indicate intake.

You're looking at the edge of the fan blades but that doesn't really matter in terms of scooping the air it's the shape of the fan blade surface that determines whether it scoops the air well. If it was designed to go clockwise the top surface of the blades would slightly domed like the other fan instead of slightly concave(look at the fanblade farthest to the left).

You're looking at the edge of the fan blades but that doesn't really matter in terms of scooping the air it's the shape of the fan blade surface that determines whether it scoops the air well. If it was designed to go clockwise the top surface of the blades would slightly domed like the other fan instead of slightly concave(look at the fanblade farthest to the left).

I think you you are looking at the one blade that catches the light oddly and having a "dress" perception moment.

The concavity of the blades follows the concavity of their edges, as it does for just about every fan I have ever seen.

One thing I cannot get over is the crappy overall quality and look of the heatsinks. The fins are fuzzy looking, not spaced evenly and just look like crap.
View attachment 252532

Not what I would call "Nvidia quality" when it comes to the look. Maybe it's just due to them being prototypes, but these are not what I expect from an Nvidia reference card.

EDIT: Maybe these are not made of metal and are just plastic 3D printed models for purposes of fitment and clearance of PCB components? Would explain why they look like crap. They were 3D printed and glued together.

Its probably a cropped photo and those fuzzy things you see are artifacts/moire. Either that or this picture was taken by a cheap phone camera.

eh, when it comes out, it comes out, and I'm sure literally every "tech guy" on Youtube will cover it, with multiple breakdowns, etc, no need to get worked up over speculations now.

Maybe with this new through fin design, SLI will be making a comeback with better cooling for the other cards and possibly with new technology improvements.

I don't know about SLI but the first thing I thought when I saw this was that it would be a good way to circulate in small cases and in multi-GPU applications.

As a SFF enthusiast, that short PCB makes me tingle a little....

Down there...

I'm not afraid to water cool.

It doesn't work quite that smoothly. A lot of that red exhaust airflow is getting pushed out the side/back of the card and then being sucked through the intake with the blue air.

Both are messier than the images. But I would choose the lesser of messes.

Back