[Videocardz] Goodbye GALAXY and KFA2, Meet GALAX

wand3r3r

Limp Gawd
Do you remember the first GeForce 900 series card to be leaked? It had a GALAX brand name on the back. At the time we thought it was just a missing letter from Galaxy branding.

Well… as it turns out, this is actually a new brand made after consolidation of Galaxy and its European brand KFA2. Now it’s only GALAX. This will take a while to get used to..

GALAX will probably continue with GC and HOF series. The only card that has been shown so far (not exactly from official channel) is GTX 970 with GC-like cooler (see below).

What do you guys think about this re-branding?

Maybe this explains the galaxy question?

http://videocardz.com/52432/say-goodbye-to-galaxy-and-kfa2-meet-galax

I don't care what they call themselves, as long as they sell a good product at a fair price.

and have some warranty structure.:D

Ahh, I see. So they took kind of a cool name and a pretty stupid acronym and met in the middle to give it a kind of stupid name.

If this is true, it'll sure make the GPUs easier to search on Google and retailer sites, seeing as how I always got a page of Samsung phones in the results first.

as long as it has a warranty system better then HIS.... ill consider it a option... I cant believe my 7870 had to be shipped to Texas, Then Cali, Then china... where the support number directly sent me to someones CELL phone. which one 3/20 times i called it sounded like he was driving and told me he has no way of knowing what they are doing in china.... 2.5 months later I got a brand new card back.

GALAX, do better then that and you potentially have my business lol

Looks like the "GALAX" name on the photos last week of the 900-series card was legit.

i really like the comments there

"Mayb th peopl wh mak th nams fo th gpus starte typin lik thi."

Since Galax is both a plant genus native to the southern U.S. and a city in Virginia, does that mean they're coming back to the U.S. market? :p

Since Galax is both a plant genus native to the southern U.S. and a city in Virginia, does that mean they're coming back to the U.S. market? :p

yea they probably can now that everyone's warranty on the previous company is history:D They can start over with out having the expenses of anyone's cards failing....then in a couple a years they do it agian:rolleyes:

I always liked galaxy. Had no issues with rmas. Confined to support them after they dissolved, and produced some cool products.

Galax reminds me of the sound my dog makes when he barfs up a wad of fresh grass he just ate.

I love my Galaxy HOF GTX 780, probably the best non-reference GTX 780 ever made. I was really saddened to hear that Galaxy was going to exit the market. Glad to see they are making a comeback. :D

Back