VideoCardz: AMD to introduce Zen3 on October 8, Radeon RX 6000 series on October 28

I am fairly confident RDNA 2 won’t be a shit.

Desiccated event means more confidence and more than one card.

Amd not throwing it in the back 10 mins of zen 3 event means it’s not shit lol.

Think what you are saying. Nvidia has a paper launch you will not likely get a 3090 for almost 2 months. Why commit to them because you will see AMD offerings before Nvidia can deliver you a card. Use that brain that god gave you. ( I shouldn't say that because I am an atheist)
Who says you won’t wait for the AMD paper launch and wait even longer?

I am fairly confident RDNA 2 won’t be a shit.
Hope so because so far a $500 RTX 3070 isn't exactly going to disrupt the market, unless you count pissing off RTX 2080 Ti owners as disruption. I hope AMD doesn't price their cards slightly cheaper with slightly better performance because that hasn't gotten them any market share for years now. Much faster for much cheaper is how you take market share away from Nvidia.

This time, there is such a large gap between $800 & $1500, that prices may not change much in that gap wrt performance

otoh, there'll be a bloodbath on cards priced $500 & below
the 3090 is the Titan, the difference here was the Titan was an NVidia FE card exclusive to NVidia, the 3090 will be open to any 3'rd party who wants to put one out, I don't know why they just didn't open up the Titan branding to their 3'rd parties but they didn't so we get the 3090 branding instead.

Because the latest YT click-bait told you so?

Desiccated event sounds rather dry to me. ;)

First it was a typo, I meant dedicated. Glad you enjoyed.

Second: if you haven't followed this guy you wouldn't know. History is what I trust. He was spot on with radeon vII, spot on about AMD CPUs. His AMD track record is top notch with AMD. Just go back in time and find out. He doesn't have great nvidia inside but he is damn good at things he confirms with his sources and will say it flat out if he has no confidence in something. I guess you didn't watch it. he is far from latest lick bait on youtube.

Last edited:
I guess you didn't watch it.

I get this all the time from fans of Moores Law is Dead, Coreteks, Adored, etc....

Sorry, no, I am not wasting my time watching, nor am I supporting YT clickbait, with my views.

If it's in text somewhere, I will read it. No doubt if it has anything interesting to say, all the text rumor sites will soon be repeating it.

I get this all the time from fans of Moores Law is Dead, Coreteks, Adored, etc....

Sorry, no, I am not wasting my time watching, nor am I supporting YT clickbait, with my views.

If it's in text somewhere, I will read it. No doubt if it has anything interesting to say, all the text rumor sites will soon be repeating it.

he is one of the few I watch. I don't watch the videos of others that basically repeat rumors online like gamersmeld and crap. May be give it a shot and see what he has to say? 1 extra view wont make him rich.

here is his website when he announced the release date of RDNA 1 5700xt. His written articles usually come after videos. could he be wrong on some things? sure like on pricing for Navi but he was spot on for everything else.

http://www.redgamingtech.com/exclusive-ryzen-3000-navi-release-date-specs-intel-comet-lake/

Last edited:
May be give it a shot and see what he has to say? 1 extra view wont make him rich.

How about not. Since again, people say the same things about their favorite YT rumor channel they think is special.. I did find text from January stating a Summer Launch for Big Navi, so he missed that one already, since Summer is ending before October.

People who support these kinds of channels always make claims about accuracy, that ignore some of the claims are just obvious, like the series after RX 5000 will be RX 6000. OMG he's Nostradamus be figured out that 6000 follows 5000 in a naming convention. Or that they are repeating claims from elsewhere. Then things they get wrong are ignored glossed over, because it's only few wrong, again ignoring that I a lot of correct stuff was from elsewhere, or completely obvious, or vague.

snip

People who support these kinds of channels always make claims about accuracy, that ignore some of the claims are just obvious, like the series after RX 5000 will be RX 6000. OMG he's Nostradamus be figured out that 6000 follows 5000 in a naming convention. Or that they are repeating claims from elsewhere. Then things they get wrong are ignored glossed over, because it's only few wrong, again ignoring that I a lot of correct stuff was from elsewhere, or completely obvious, or vague.

Most pimping this garbage suffer from confirmation bias. They want it to be true so they pimp it. These YT folks for the most parts are snake-oil salesman.

at worst I'm hoping Zen 3 availability is 2 weeks later...so October 22...
I have a workstation refresh that needs to be invoiced before Nov 11 otherwise I loose the funding so I am really hoping that they have availability before then otherwise I am forced to go with the Zen 2 parts which will still be a huge upgrade over some 5 year old Xeons but still. If I can't get my hands on the Zen 3 parts I have Lenovo on standby to get me some of the new Threadripper Pro based stations.

How about not. Since again, people say the same things about their favorite YT rumor channel they think is special.. I did find text from January stating a Summer Launch for Big Navi, so he missed that one already, since Summer is ending before October.

Most pimping this garbage suffer from confirmation bias. They want it to be true so they pimp it. These YT folks for the most parts are snake-oil salesman.

Yes, yes, and if he was predicting great things for Nvidia before we all knew what was released, you would be praising this Youtuber, eh? How about instead of whining, listen to different points of view than do not align exclusively with yours? Last time I checked, this is a thread about AMD releases for next month and sharing things about it makes sense.

Well good for you, and well you are at it, try not to pat yourself on the back so much that your arm falls off. You claim the title of fans and yet, you probably will eat up anything positive about Nvidia without batting an eye. Yep, we all have our preferences and we already know what yours are.

Yes, yes, and if he was predicting great things for Nvidia before we all knew what was released, you would be praising this Youtuber, eh? How about instead of whining, listen to different points of view than do not align exclusively with yours? Last time I checked, this is a thread about AMD releases for next month and sharing things about it makes sense.

lol you're one to tell others about listening to a different point of view :ROFLMAO:

lol you're one to tell others about listening to a different point of view :ROFLMAO:

Oh, I do listen to different points of view. So, show me where I have been bad mouthing Nvidia and saying they are lying? Oh, burn........ :D

Well, your sticking your fingers in your ears does not make this any less an AMD thread about the product releases. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: On the other hand:

does not change what I said about this one iota. :) Good thing there are actual preferences and competition, despite how *cough* GPP and other such stuff tried to make it otherwise. :) :DI am not going to buy the new stuff being released because I do not have a need or real desire to upgrade at this time. Are you really getting off all these nude unboxings today? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dude, lay off the crack. I don't listen to YT crack whores ever. They all have a little bit of truth because they throw crap against the wall. Unlike you I buy high-end and could care less what company makes it. If you complained in Nvidia/Intel threads about OT you might make sense.

Love your AMD all you want. Just because you buy it doesn't mean it's best. LOL

Hope so because so far a $500 RTX 3070 isn't exactly going to disrupt the market, unless you count pissing off RTX 2080 Ti owners as disruption. I hope AMD doesn't price their cards slightly cheaper with slightly better performance because that hasn't gotten them any market share for years now. Much faster for much cheaper is how you take market share away from Nvidia.
Nvidia doesnt need to disrupt a market they pretty much own.

What makes you think AMD can do "Much Faster for Much Cheaper"?

Dude, lay off the crack. I don't listen to YT crack whores ever. They all have a little bit of truth because they throw crap against the wall. Unlike you I buy high-end and could care less what company makes it. If you complained in Nvidia/Intel threads about OT you might make sense.

Love your AMD all you want. Just because you buy it doesn't mean it's best. LOL

Then why are you in this AMD thread at all, since you clearly have determined that ONLY Nvidia makes high end? That is cool and you buy whatever you want but....... Also, why would I complain in any Nvidia, AMD, or Intel thread at all, since I do not benefit from that behavior? On, on the other hand, now what I prefer and stick with it, because that is what I prefer. (I do not like Nvidia at all for my personal builds, so that is as far as I go with the negative stuff about them. Oh, and their GPP and other garbage.)

Who knows and ultimately, who cares? We have definite release dates for both Zen 3 and RDNA 2 so that is something to definitely look forward too. I enjoy the fact that AMD, under the leadership of Lisa Su, if doing extremely well and they only have up to go from here. :)

Seriousl My favorite you tuber? Lol, far from it. You chose to believe what you wanna believe. I linked an article where he gave the launch date of RDNA but let’s ignore that. You can also find his Radeon VII reveal. But you will ignore that. I admitted he can be wrong with some stuff and he will tell you in the video but you chose to ignore that.

Yea obvious it will be 6000 from 5000. But this conversation wasn’t about that obvious name lol. What he says in the video is not from copy paste. Clearly you are assuming he is same as others. I already said that he doesn’t just copy paste amd stuff. He actually has sources, does he tell you what others are are reporting? Sure but he will tell exclusive things that he got from sources and you can’t find that anywhere.

If you are not even going to read or watch any of his video then I guess you can stop judging him. Normally I would expect someone to actually watch and judge.

Anyways all good. We will know soon enough. There is a a lot he is not mentioning right now we will get more and more as we get closer to launch. Am I saying he cant be wrong? Nope! I am just saying he has been fairly accurate about amd stuff. You can look for yourself but you if chose not to you are ignoring it nothing else, and I am perfectly fine with it.

Next time you accuse someone of making bullshit claims of accuracy because it’s their favorite you tuber. Might wanna read what I linked or other amd things in the past on his page. Excuse my typos on this cell phone lol.

Last I checked this was an amd thread. 🤔
Cheers.

Last edited:
In no big hurry to purchase.the 3080 is awful tempting.oct.28 not that far off I can wait and see what amd has to offer plus reviews.want to see how they compare

As a 3960x owner, I still want a 4800x or whatever the halo 8 core will be.

I also want a 3090 GPU and a Navi 21 GPU as well .. damnit ... should I get all of them? Yeah probably will.

Just buy em all. I do it sometimes for instant gratification and then you see me selling it and upgrading hahahaa. CPU and GPU are my toys even I don't game for shit. ROFL! I might be getting from 3080, 3090 or big navi. Might wait for big navi, or might pick one of the Ampere card on launch and if there is a shortage or mines jump on them i can sell it if fanboys want to pay up and swap to big navi. haha.

Last I checked this was an amd thread. 🤔

Is that supposed to somehow obligate me to watch all the clickbait/rumor videos that mention AMD?

I made it clear in multiple posts in AMD and NVidia threads. I won't watch these kinds of videos, it doesn't matter what they purport to contain.

I said when his claims are in text, I will read them. When I checked r/AMD this morning someone summarized them, and now they can be digested in seconds:
tl;dw (salt shaker required)
  • 60% improved perf/w with most of that from architecture, not process
  • GDDR6 memory. 16GB on one card.
  • Not a 512 bit bus
  • 128mb of 'infinity cache' to make up for lack of bandwidth
  • No HBM on consumer cards
  • Clocks speeds up to the 'console level', ie implies 2.3ghz
  • 80CUs for top SKU
  • 6700 - 3070 level
  • 6800 - around 3080
  • 6800XT - counter to 3080ti
  • 6900 - faster than 3080 and may 'nip at the heels' of the 3090
  • AMD considered undercutting NV but may price the same
  • AMD are 'very competitive, this is not Vega 64'
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/iqx4h7/rdna_2_is_monstrous_insane_cache_system/

If he is correct, well then obviously very good news for AMD, as he states they will have Two cards faster than the 3080, (the 6800XT and 6900 with 6900 close to 3090).

Bold claims, sorry if I don't leap to believe them. I tend to view all of these more skeptically than most. But here are the points summarized for discussion.

The pricing not undercutting NVidia actually makes a lot more sense than the BS "coreteks" was pushing, If they have a card faster than 3080 and with 16GB of RAM vs 10GB, they shouldn't need to sell it for less.

The price of Titan goes ~40% less and they just kill the name Titan that become just 3090 - and Nvidia did that because they love so much their fan boys ?
Seems legit.

Is that supposed to somehow obligate me to watch all the clickbait/rumor videos that mention AMD?

I made it clear in multiple posts in AMD and NVidia threads. I won't watch these kinds of videos, it doesn't matter what they purport to contain.

I said when his claims are in text, I will read them. When I checked r/AMD this morning someone summarized them, and now they can be digested in seconds:

I could agree with most of your points. I do think they will have something competitive on high end and they likely expected nvidia to target certain performance numbers.

Realistically around 3080. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they have three cards. One little faster than 3070 or competing with that with more ram and one closer to 3080, may be little slower and one slightly faster. All with more ram and I don’t see them undercutting much if they are providing more ram and similar performance.

If he is correct, well then obviously very good news for AMD, as he states they will have Two cards faster than the 3080, (the 6800XT and 6900 with 6900 close to 3090).

Bold claims, sorry if I don't leap to believe them. I tend to view all of these more skeptically than most. But here are the points summarized for discussion.

The pricing not undercutting NVidia actually makes a lot more sense than the BS "coreteks" was pushing, If they have a card faster than 3080 and with 16GB of RAM vs 10GB, they shouldn't need to sell it for less.

Well I agree if they had a card that uses less power. And has more ram and does perform competitively in raster performance I don’t see them undercutting much. That I can agree with. If they do have a card that is in between 3080-3090. I expect it for cost 799.99 minimum.

Looks like the reports abound nvidia shortages are correct but in a different way. Looks like Nvidia wants to make their margins and selling their FE model or whatever you wanna call it is not how they are going to get there. So they won’t make too many of those as their cooler design costs too much. So they are expecting AIBs to sell their cards for more and will just have majority AIB cards and won’t be selling too many FE cards and will limit the supply so people are forced to buy AIB models for higher price as they are getting their margins from AIBs.

And after initial batch is sold they will have mostly AIB cards filled in channel by end of October or November and stock will be fine on AIB cards selling for more after October. But shot supply on FE

Looks like the reports abound nvidia shortages are correct but in a different way.
Iunno. I think, based on Nvidia's pricing scheme, they don't want to have a single card go unsold prior to the 6000-series debut. I remain unconvinced that their cooler is special or expensive in any way.

Looks like the reports abound nvidia shortages are correct but in a different way. Looks like Nvidia wants to make their margins and selling their FE model or whatever you wanna call it is not how they are going to get there. So they won’t make too many of those as their cooler design costs too much. So they are expecting AIBs to sell their cards for more and will just have majority AIB cards and won’t be selling too many FE cards and will limit the supply so people are forced to buy AIB models for higher price as they are getting their margins from AIBs.

And after initial batch is sold they will have mostly AIB cards filled in channel by end of October or November and stock will be fine on AIB cards selling for more after October. But shot supply on FE

And this is based on what? More YT rumors?

I remain unconvinced that their cooler is special or expensive in any way.
The one of the 3090 sure looks pretty special given that it cools both sides of the card, don't you think?

And the fans that only blow up or out the back?

It's not using any kind of unconventional materials or manufacturing.

It's not using any kind of unconventional materials or manufacturing.

I do think there was a lot of over-reaction on cooler costs. NVidia FE coolers likely do cost a bit more than AIB coolers of similar size. Remember the claims that card prices were going to be high because the coolers were so expensive? :rolleyes:

But I don't think the 3080 FE cooler is any more expensive than the 2080 FE cooler. Similar materials usage, looks like similar design complexity. 3090 FE cooler is probably a bit more because it's significantly bigger.

It's a non factor in the overall scheme of things. NVidia obviously has an advantage over AIBs because they effectively get chips at cost, since they manufacture them, and they will want to sell FE cards because they capture more revenue on their own cards than just selling the chips. Not only that, but it lets them have a good showing if AIBs drop the ball on cooling.

Iunno. I think, based on Nvidia's pricing scheme, they don't want to have a single card go unsold prior to the 6000-series debut. I remain unconvinced that their cooler is special or expensive in any way.

Well. Nvidia likes their margins. If you think they are going to give founder edition top supply and eat in to their own margins it not happening. Simply not the way Jensen approaches things. I totally believe that they are going to bank more on AIB cards. It just makes perfect sense.

Back