VideoCardz: AMD to introduce Zen3 on October 8, Radeon RX 6000 series on October 28

Eh53l3-XsAADDTj?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg

Copy pasted from Twitter:

Take a first look at the design of the new Radeon RX 6000 series. Our upcoming
@AMD
#RDNA2 graphics cards will feature a brand new cooler design, and you can study every angle yourself on our Fortnite Creative Island. 8651-9841-1639.

If anything, I am going to say that is one of the best looking GPUs I've ever seen. Very nice and clean.

From the Fortnite render, it looks like it is a large die, and that the leaks that the thing has some kind of off-die cache is legitimate, or it has HBM. It's possible they are using HBM as cache similar to how eDRAM and eSRAM has been used as on-die cache in the PS2, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. Only AMD now has infinity fabric that they've been working on, allowing them to place a small amount of RAM on an interposer. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the step towards chiplet GPU design of RDNA3.

Looks decent enough for me. Still kind of chunky though.

looks like a beefier heatsink then the VII. I think these are probably going to be much better in noise. Hopefully they intentionally leak some benches soon after 3080 reviews, which I do think will happen once the numbers come in and they are competitive. IDK debating if I should just pick up a 3080 and resell to miners and buy RDNA 2 if its competitive.

Looks decent enough for me. Still kind of chunky though.
Compared to the 3090 it looks like an ITX card ;). All joking aside, it does look pretty beefy, hopefully the cooling is sufficient. Looks a bit different than I normally see, hopefully it's for the better. I think it looks decent overall, but looks isn't why I buy cards, so bring on the benchmarks (yeah... not even close yet, still have over a month).

Back