Videocard slot question

socK

Supreme [H]ardness
does it matter what pci-e slot i use? 2 pci slots next to the pci-e slot, one which my audigy needs to use. my x1900xt takes up the pci-e slot and a pci slot next to it, leaving one slot left for the sound card, both cards will be very close and the x1900xt wont have much room to breathe. would putting it in the other pci-e slot to clear some room be ok?

Put the X1900XT on the top PCI-e slot. And the X1900XT sucks air from the back of the card not the bottom of it so your safe on any slot.

If you have it in SLI mode (you can use SLI mode with 1 card and it doesn't have a noticible impact on performance) then you can put it in either slot. If not, it needs to go in the top slot, which seems to be what you want anyway. I put my video card in the bottom slot in SLI mode because it's out of the way and it doesn't get in the way for me, but I only have a single slot card.

dandragonrage said:
If you have it in SLI mode (you can use SLI mode with 1 card and it doesn't have a noticible impact on performance) then you can put it in either slot. If not, it needs to go in the top slot, which seems to be what you want anyway. I put my video card in the bottom slot in SLI mode because it's out of the way and it doesn't get in the way for me, but I only have a single slot card.
SLI with a ATI? woh.. :p

wiretap said:
SLI with a ATI? woh.. :p

Haha, I do that all the time. I guess since SLI came out first, and its also easier to say than crossfire.

No, I was correct in saying SLI. Reread what I said if you need to. The motherboard is an NF4, so it has SLI mode, which sets the 16x PCI-E slots to 8x/8x instead of 16x/1x or 2x or whatever it otherwise is.

dandragonrage said:
No, I was correct in saying SLI. Reread what I said if you need to. The motherboard is an NF4, so it has SLI mode, which sets the 16x PCI-E slots to 8x/8x instead of 16x/1x or 2x or whatever it otherwise is.
k thx i see.

Back