Video question for my mobo

invalid_

Limp Gawd
I have ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 ULi M1695 mobo. For anyone else that has one I have a question, can I run BOTH an AGP and a pcie card? I want to use an old AGP radeon to run my tv one one screen, but want the PCIE to use for everything else on another screen.

Will this work or will it cause problems? Just want to double check before I order a new card.

invalid_ said:
I have ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 ULi M1695 mobo. For anyone else that has one I have a question, can I run BOTH an AGP and a pcie card? I want to use an old AGP radeon to run my tv one one screen, but want the PCIE to use for everything else on another screen.

Will this work or will it cause problems? Just want to double check before I order a new card.

To answer that question, yes. Just don't expect any graphics performance boost when you use both at the same time.

And when you get your system with both AGP and PCI Express cards installed, and connect your monitors to both cards, make sure that you set the "Initialize VGA Display" or something similar to "PCI Express" (since your primary display will be connected to the PCI Express card).

Back