video problems

XBLiNKX

[H]ard|Gawd
For some reason my video has been messing up lately. I was playing CS Source and all the sudden my screen went crazy. This is the first time its done this and I have had this card almost 2 weeks now. Nothing is overclocked. I reset the computer and it went the to windows loading screen then it did it again. So I shut it off a min the turned it on again and reset the bios to optimal settings. It came on this time and I played CS Source a few rounds then on one round I was a looking at the bomb then when it went off my entire screen went black and I couldn't do/see anything. I reset it and it came back on no prob.

This is what it looked like when I tried resetting it the first time.
DSCN0492.jpg

I have an amd64 3200+
dfi lanparty nForce3
512mb xns pc3200
bfg 6800GT
and a antec 350PS

Think it could be my powersupply? Its weird it shut off right as the bomb went off that I was standing on and looking at. Its never happened till yesterday.

its just a fact. defect, RMA that baby and get back to playing [H]ard

and i dont think it was ur PSU, mighta been on the brim of not having enough power, but i doubt it

I unplugged a few things (fans/dvd burner) and have been playing CS Source all afternoon as well as running 3dmark2005 and so far no problems. I am hoping its not the card but if it happens again I will assume it is.

XBLiNKX said:
I unplugged a few things (fans/dvd burner) and have been playing CS Source all afternoon as well as running 3dmark2005 and so far no problems. I am hoping its not the card but if it happens again I will assume it is.

I would say it's the PSU then...with everything plugged in, it doesn't seem to be giving the card enough power.

I haven't had a single problem all day. I am guessing its the powersupply. Or something was just wrong yesterday cause its the only time it happened. If its not getting enough power could that cause damage to the card or just make it unstable?

That is what my BFG Card did out of the box, plugged it in and screen went all crazy. Looks like I might need a new power supply.

Back