Pez

[H]ard|Gawd
System Info:
AMD Athlon 64 FX-57
2048MB Ram
DIrectX 9.0c
GeForce 7800 GTX + GeForce 7800 GTX
Westinghouse 37" running in 1920x1080

The problem I'm encountering is darkened videos, to the point where it's near complete black. This problem occurs with both DVD's and computer filed videos, with the same problem whether it's in DVD running software such as PowerDVD, or Windows Media Player, VLC Media Player, or other such media players.

I know the problem isn't with my monitor. Direct TV feeds are perfect. Shockwave and flash videos seem fine also. Also, video games look great. as do all other applications.

I uninstalled PowerDVD, in case that was the cause. Even upgraded Windows Media Player to version 11 (yuck), but no help there either. I've tried to create a timeline to figure out when this problem started, but I can't.

I've run the Nvidia video config tool, but that wasn't any help. I'm going to try to redownload some video codecs, but I don't think that will help since this problem exists across multiple formats and video players.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I strongly suspect it is a problem with the video overlay.
I had the same problem when running dual display a while back when I had an NVidia card.
For some reason Gamma was set really low and wouldnt change.
I messed with enabling an disabling gamma and somehow it fixed itself.

Its possible that the video overlay just has its gamma or brightness set low.

Back