Video playback

shaft

Limp Gawd
I am looking to replace my old XBox running XBMC, it is great for playing DVD iso's, but no hi-def files, I would like an off the shelf solution, any ideas?

I will use it to play music,video files etc on a storage server, no files will be stored on the unit

You can run XBMC on an AppleTV now, the other xbmc option for it is Boxee which is suppose to be pretty awesome too.

Whats your AV setup like? How "off the shelf" are you looking for? Most off the shelf stuff pretty much sucks, just so you know.

I was also looking at the Mediagate line, my setup isnt great, but I have a Toshiba 56' DLP
1080i tv, PS3 for BD movies, an XBox running XBMC to play dvd iso's located on a network server and a Kenwood VR-2080 for sound,I want to start ripping BD movies as well, but I know the xbox could not play them, it's choppy with high quality divx & xvid files as it is

I think I will get a Popcorn Hour A-110, seems like the best choice thus far

I need it to play them over the network, I think I am spoiled by the XBMC for everything but HD movies, the popcorn hour seems to be fussy by what I can tell from their forums, right now I am using Tversity to stream to my PS3, works pretty well I hafta say, but it's still not as good as XBMC.

does anyone here run an HTPC with XBMC on it?

can anyone recomend a mobo & cpu, case, and remote for an HTPC, I would be using HDMI and toslink or spdif for sound, I would like it all onboard mobo too, thx

does anyone here run an HTPC with XBMC on it?
You won't find many who are since XBMC isn't as feature rich compared to some of the HTPC frontend apps like Media Portal or GB-PVR.

And, well, it can't record TV. I might try it out again but last time I installed it networked shares didn't work correctly and my HD content (which I have a lot of) didn't playback correctly (lots of stuttering).

and I will not be doing any recording of tv, if that helps

I have a Hapage PVR 150 w/remote, can I use that to control Mediaportal?
mediaportal looks like what I need, thx guys

Back